running built from sources RoR on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

Hello devs!

yesterday successfully built RoR from sources(master branch from git) on Debian. Without much problems, the only thing was - openssl was required of 1.0.2 for some dependency (curl IIRC) while others required 1.1.1 and failed to link with 1.0.2 that has been already fetched for curl, I changed requirement to 1.1.1b and it was built fine then.
However not sure for running, some LD problem - I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ./bin folder where executable and most of the libs are, but ogre started to complain about not able to find plugins libs which I found in redist/lib/ but adding it to LD_LIBRARY_PATH didn't help, ogre still complains it can't find modules
How can I fix that?

Thats my setup:

Code:
pit@p50:~/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/bin:`pwd`/redist/lib:
pit@p50:~/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/home/pit/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods/bin:/home/pit/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods/redist/lib:
pit@p50:~/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods$ ls /home/pit/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods/bin /home/pit/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods/redist/lib
/home/pit/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods/bin:
Codec_FreeImage.so         Plugin_BSPSceneManager.so            Plugin_ParticleFX.so              RenderSystem_GL.so
Codec_FreeImage.so.1.11.6  Plugin_BSPSceneManager.so.1.11.6     Plugin_ParticleFX.so.1.11.6       RenderSystem_GL.so.1.11.6
content                    Plugin_OctreeSceneManager.so         Plugin_PCZSceneManager.so         resources
libangelscript_addons.a    Plugin_OctreeSceneManager.so.1.11.6  Plugin_PCZSceneManager.so.1.11.6  RoR
libCaelum.so               Plugin_OctreeZone.so                 plugins.cfg
libversion_info.a          Plugin_OctreeZone.so.1.11.6          plugins_d.cfg

/home/pit/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods/redist/lib:
Codec_FreeImage.so                 libOgreOverlay.so                Plugin_BSPSceneManager.so
Codec_FreeImage.so.1.11.6          libOgreOverlay.so.1.11.6         Plugin_BSPSceneManager.so.1.11.6
libCaelum.so                       libOgrePaging.so                 Plugin_OctreeSceneManager.so
libMyGUIEngine_d.so                libOgrePaging.so.1.11.6          Plugin_OctreeSceneManager.so.1.11.6
libMyGUIEngine_d.so.3.4.0          libOgreProperty.so               Plugin_OctreeZone.so
libOgreBites.so                    libOgreProperty.so.1.11.6        Plugin_OctreeZone.so.1.11.6
libOgreBites.so.1.11.6             libOgreRTShaderSystem.so         Plugin_ParticleFX.so
libOgreHLMS.so                     libOgreRTShaderSystem.so.1.11.6  Plugin_ParticleFX.so.1.11.6
libOgreHLMS.so.1.11.6              libOgreTerrain.so                Plugin_PCZSceneManager.so
libOgreMain.so                     libOgreTerrain.so.1.11.6         Plugin_PCZSceneManager.so.1.11.6
libOgreMain.so.1.11.6              libOgreVolume.so                 RenderSystem_GL.so
libOgreMeshLodGenerator.so         libOgreVolume.so.1.11.6          RenderSystem_GL.so.1.11.6
libOgreMeshLodGenerator.so.1.11.6  libOIS.so

and ogre says

Code:
*-*-* OGRE Initialising
*-*-* Version 1.11.6 (Rhagorthua)
Loading library ./Codec_FreeImage
failed to load plugin: ./Codec_FreeImage: InternalErrorException: Could not load dynamic library ./Codec_FreeImage.  System Error: ./Codec_FreeImage.so.1.11.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in DynLib::load at /home/pit/.conan/data/OGRE/1.11.6/anotherfoxguy/stable/build/c30e5cec15f26112a7b225f636021168b0c5a77d/OgreMain/src/OgreDynLib.cpp (line 112)

and the same for others

quick update, sorry - running it from ./bin folder starts ogre but the next error I get -

Code:
FATAL ERROR: An internal error occured in Rigs of Rods.

Technical details below:

InternalErrorException: Unable to open zip file '/home/pit/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods/bin/resources/skeleton.zip' in load at /home/pit/.conan/data/OGRE/1.11.6/anotherfoxguy/stable/build/c30e5cec15f26112a7b225f636021168b0c5a77d/OgreMain/src/OgreZip.cpp (line 184)

one more - when being put into existing RoR installation bin folder, with LD pointed to ./lib - newly built binary works fine, I'm sorry mates it seems devs are mostly on Windows, probably not using Linux debug builds, I'll got the point here will look into source to check how to fix it
Alex

how did you compile?

using conan/pmm or ror-depedencies? in the first case you need to run it from the bin folder

also why not just use the precompiled linux zip?

probably not using Linux debug builds

i compile and use RoR under Arch using ror-depedencies just fine

I used 'cmake -GNinja .'
then 'ninja' to build
running from bin it complains about resources location

Code:
FATAL ERROR: An internal error occured in Rigs of Rods.

Technical details below:

InternalErrorException: Unable to open zip file '/home/pit/Projects/ror/rigs-of-rods/bin/resources/skeleton.zip' in load at /home/pit/.conan/data/OGRE/1.11.6/anotherfoxguy/stable/build/c30e5cec15f26112a7b225f636021168b0c5a77d/OgreMain/src/OgreZip.cpp (line 184)

that could probably be because of I didn't run 'ninja zip_and_copy_resources' guessing I can run binary from the current build tree, I should try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back