What did I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TankurfaceJr

Redneck Gearhead, PH.D
So I've been trying to make an ambulance model, and when I try to spawn it in game, it crashes. My log is attached, can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• RoR.log
    212.5 KB · Views: 183
Solution

You'll find the instructions here, I could not figure it out on my own either, adding beams is even more confusing, for myself at least, it seems weird, but works fine once you get the hang of it

And yeah, sadly, your file is just a bunch of beams and no nodes :(
Hi :)

I can see you have many lines like this one:
11:08:24: [RoR|Actor|Warning] Cannot resolve Node::Ref(id:11, src line:12, import flags:[ VALID], regular flags:[ VALID NAMED]) - not a named node, and index is not defined (highest is: 18446744073709551615). For backwards compatibility, converting to: Node::Ref(id:0, src line:12, import flags:[ VALID RESOLVED_NUMBERED], regular flags:[])(sectionconfig: _Root_, keyword: beams)

I was able to get an almost identical error (without a crash):

16:31:39: [RoR|Actor|Warning] Cannot resolve Node::Ref(id:38000, src line:88, import flags:[ VALID], regular flags:[ VALID NAMED]) - not a named node, and index is not defined (highest is: 133). For backwards compatibility, converting to: Node::Ref(id:0, src line:88, import flags:[ VALID RESOLVED_NUMBERED], regular flags:[])(sectionconfig: _Root_, keyword: beams)
by defining a beam between two nodes that don't exist. I'm not sure if this is the cause, in your case, but the error is the same.

Also, your.. what I assume is node count (in bold) is pretty insane compared to mine. That on its own could be causing the crash (I'm only guessing though)

What did you create your vehicle in? was it nodeSnap or Editorizer? or did you do it by hand, in notepad?

I did it by hand, and in editorizer. It has NOWHERE NEAR that many nodes, more like 35.
Is there any chance you would be comfortable with me having a look at your work?

Any reason you chose Editorizer over nodeSnap? the latter is supposed to be more friendly and easier to work with

You'll find the instructions here, I could not figure it out on my own either, adding beams is even more confusing, for myself at least, it seems weird, but works fine once you get the hang of it

And yeah, sadly, your file is just a bunch of beams and no nodes :(

Solution
I guess it just, somehow didn't save, like you've said.
I've used Editorizer in the past and found it to be temperamental and not very reliable.

I think you'll find nodeSnap much more enjoyable to use once you get the hang of it :)

Sorry about your lost work though. Looking forward to seeing what you make!

Austin was right on the point, lol

It's not gonna stop me. I just couldn't figure how to add nodes. I love Nodesnap, because it is reminiscent of Autodesk Inventor, and that I have used before. The cube helps me visualize the 3d aspect better, and it should be much easier. Thanks for all the kind words, Mark and Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back