Question about releasing modified vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syx Labs

EDIT: This would probably be more suited to a support section, apologies in advance if this needs to be moved

Hi, I guess let me start by introducing myself. I've been around the forums in some form or another since around 0.35, previously under some variant of "Twisted Thoughts" (god help you if you recognize that username) and while I was never prominent in the community or helpful in any way, started playing with meshes and basic modelling around the release of 0.36 and the introduction of flexbodies. For whatever reason, probably nostalgia, I keep coming back to this dead game from time to time. Recently I've been playing with making a truggy out of Box5's 1st gen Cummins.

My question is, how would I go about releasing this with Box no longer active (at least from what I can tell. If I'm wrong, feel free to get us in contact) to ask for permission? I know back in the day with the SketchUp theft, influx of poorly made mods etc you'd be hard pressed to release ANYTHING without explicit written permission. And how much modification needs to be done to the original to justify a mod worthy of release and not just a half-baked edit?

It has an extensively modified N/B with SBD and all the good stuff, minimal Blender/NodeSnap edits to keep from completely butchering it, and everything that isn't a placeholder (the engine, wheels and textures from Box's 1994 Ram for example) has been modelled by myself. Anything that isn't will of course be replaced with my own meshes before release. I could always release certain things under a parts pack but it would be a pain to ask people to chop up the original mesh, place props and flexbodies themselves etc. when I could release it as a standalone. Below are a couple screenshots to show what's been done. It still needs a LOT but this is just an early concept
screenshot_2022-04-20_11-01-15_1.png

screenshot_2022-04-20_11-01-35_1.png

screenshot_2022-04-20_11-01-57_1.png

screenshot_2022-04-20_11-02-04_1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back