Modding, Mod Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTGHD

Since we're all on Corona-cation, I figured getting into modding to pass the time. I was wondering what could I use in terms of software and where would I start?
Also, I deeply apologize if I put this under the wrong section.

Hi JTGHD,

If you genuinely want to learn and have the patience, the information is all there in the Docs section

It also depends on what you mean by modding, whether you mean modifying the vehicle's characteristics such as engine, suspension or modifying the looks of a vehicle (skins, meshes), or just installing add-ons for vehicles.

If you're not already familiar, a good place to start is getting familiar with the truck file format

If I may be honest, it's a lot to read, but some of it is also interesting.

Notepad++ and Blender 2.79 along with the plugins for Blender are the only things you really need for modding.

Notepad++ and Blender 2.79 along with the plugins for Blender are the only things you really need for modding.
Hi JTGHD,

If you genuinely want to learn and have the patience, the information is all there in the Docs section

It also depends on what you mean by modding, whether you mean modifying the vehicle's characteristics such as engine, suspension or modifying the looks of a vehicle (skins, meshes), or just installing add-ons for vehicles.

If you're not already familiar, a good place to start is getting familiar with the truck file format

If I may be honest, it's a lot to read, but some of it is also interesting.
Ok thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back