Invalid need help developing a car mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Hi again Xander,

Making a mod for RoR is not very easy, there is currently no vehicle creator, everything is done from scratch.
The vehicles are actually simple, and all the software tools needed to create them are free.

There is a lot of reading and learning to do to, even just to make a box on wheels.
All the information is in the Docs section. A good place to start is to learn about the truck file format and all the links in it (vehicle concepts, etc)
Having a look at an existing .truck file may help you better understand the information on the Docs.

That being said, it's a lot to read, and even more to understand. I don't think you'll be able to find anyone to explain it to you any simpler or better than the Docs do...
Hi again Xander,

Making a mod for RoR is not very easy, there is currently no vehicle creator, everything is done from scratch.
The vehicles are actually simple, and all the software tools needed to create them are free.

There is a lot of reading and learning to do to, even just to make a box on wheels.
All the information is in the Docs section. A good place to start is to learn about the truck file format and all the links in it (vehicle concepts, etc)
Having a look at an existing .truck file may help you better understand the information on the Docs.

That being said, it's a lot to read, and even more to understand. I don't think you'll be able to find anyone to explain it to you any simpler or better than the Docs do.

If you have the time, patience and genuinely want to learn, it's doable. But if you get discouraged easily, I'm not sure if it's worth your time

Last edited:
Solution
Hi again Xander,

That being said, it's a lot to read, and even more to understand. I don't think you'll be able to find anyone to explain it to you any simpler or better than the Docs do.

If you have the time, patience and genuinely want to learn, it's doable. But if you get discouraged easily, I'm not sure if it's worth your time
ok im going to make a model in blender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back