Improved/Reworked default sounds

NotMopar

Inactive for now
this is somethin i have worked on since November 2020.

This pack replaces some default sounds and reworks the rest

Diesel engine and turbo sounds recorded from a Cummins 6BT.
other sounds (brakes, parking brake, horn, turn signal, reverse beep, and gear grind) recorded off a peterbilt 359.
Gasoline engine, tire squeal, shift, starter, creak, and break sounds recorded off of a 1976 dodge d100.
everything else was left default but reworked and edited to sound better

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

put this in your resources folder in the rigs of rods program files. replace the original sounds.zip with this one.
if you want these sounds on a vehicle that doesnt use all of the default sounds, just change the soundscript and soundsources of that vehicle (located in soundscript file and truckfile)

CREDITS: RamCharger (me) for putting this pack together
IceColdSonic302 (from reddit) for supplying engine and peterbilt sound clips

UPDATE 3/24/21: fixed turbo volume and changed diesel sounds to clips that dont have wind noise

Attachments

• sounds.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Correction: Gasoline engine sounds off of d100. took forever for IceColdSonic302 to let me know that he screwed up

like 90% of the vehicles in the game that use the default diesel sounds are semi trucks so why would you use a pickup truck engine? that doesnt make any sense

like 90% of the vehicles in the game that use the default diesel sounds are semi trucks so why would you use a pickup truck engine? that doesnt make any sense
6BT is capable of doin that. as a matter of fact the clips were off a 6BT swapped dodge CNT 900.
and before they put 6BTs into dodge pickups, they were used in ford f600s

Last edited:
Back