Solved Terrible FPS drops on a very good gaming rig. Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR0N0S

IT Manager / Video Game Modding and Development
Before I start, let me list my specs down below:

Graphics Card:
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Asus ROG Strix Advanced, 11GB (Multi-Core)
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K 8-Core 4.0 GHz (Overclocked to 4.3GHz)
RAM/Memory: (4x) G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 Stick (For those of you that are too tired to do the math, that's 64GB of RAM)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 Gaming Motherboard LGA1151
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB (I have a few other external drives that I won't list, but they're high end so don't worry about if it's a quality issue with the drive.)
Power Supply:
EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 80+ Titanium, 1600W Supply
Monitor: ACER Gaming Series KG241P 24' Freesync 144Hz LED Monitor 1920x1080 Widescreen 16:9

Now for my issue. I can run the game normally in menus at around 6-7K FPS (Which is reasonable considering it's the menus) I get into a simple map like the F1 Test Track, and just character is around 3K FPS. Alright, no problem. I spawn a simple car up like the 49' Ford, Ford Falcon, etc. Not moving, I still get around 2.8-3K FPS. I start to drive and it dips just a tiny bit. Average of about 2.5-2.8K FPS. No issues. This is where it starts. I drive into dirt, or make any sort of impact, whether its a curb jump or head-on collision, my FPS just dies. Drops to about 30-45 FPS, which may not seem bad... But considering I was at over 2K FPS, that's a considerable drop and definitely will disorient your gameplay... And the lag stays there until the particles/dirt settles and goes up to around 170 and stays. Now for more issue, I respawn the car and it jumps back up to 2.5K FPS. I decide to spawn another vehicle. Big mistake... My FPS decides to divebomb and stay around 20. I even lowered all my settings to lowest setting, as much as possible and same results. Just slightly higher FPS, but still chunked to where I want to end my RoR life. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it the car I'm using or is it optimization with the game itself? If anyone could help me, that'd be much appreciated.

NOTE: Don't think I'm some rich guy for my setup. I don't want to assume this community does it, but unfortunately a lot do. I worked very hard to get what I have and I'm extremely grateful for what I do have. Lesson to you younger guys, please be grateful for what you have, your situation could be so much worse.

Thank you,
CR0N0S

P.S. I also get the occasional crash when entering multiplayer or trying to tab out. But I won't make a big deal out of it seeing that a handful of you already mentioned it.

OFFTOPIC:thanks for telling me to be grateful i cant wait to grow up and work for a good pc xDDD

ONTOPIC: did you switch from opengl thats what eats fps for me but you really have a good pc idk whats a problem maybe you check graphics adapter its called nvidia graphics or something like that

Can you please upload your RoR.log?
Here you are good sir. In attachments. :)

OFFTOPIC:thanks for telling me to be grateful i cant wait to grow up and work for a good pc xDDD

ONTOPIC: did you switch from opengl thats what eats fps for me but you really have a good pc idk whats a problem maybe you check graphics adapter its called nvidia graphics or something like that

Yeah man, grow up doing what you wanna do and life will be easy. Well, easier.

And yes, I did pretty much every combination of settings available.

Attachments

• RoR.log
    137.5 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Your FPS drops are caused by the physics frames per second setting. Yours is currently set to 10000, while the default is 2000:

Your FPS drops are caused by the physics frames per second setting. Yours is currently set to 10000, while the default is 2000:
View attachment 5941
Very much appreciated. Worked like a charm. Guess you're gonna need the new Apple cheesegrader with 1.5 TB of RAM to max this setting.. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back