Solved How to make RoR less laggy and faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxKaiju123xX

Kaiju
I play RoR on my Windows 7 PC. It only has 4GB RAM, 232GB ROM and an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 3.30 GHz processor but when I try to spawn any vehicles on any map, the FPS dropped to 10. How do I make the game less laggy and faster?

First of all, are you using the newest version of RoR? (4.8.0 RC5)
If you are on Windows, make sure you're using DirectX9 as the renderer, in my case there's a major performance improvement over OpenGL
If your computer has a graphics card and integrated graphics, you can make sure that RoR is using your graphics card rather than the integrated graphics.

Other than that, I can recommend messing about with the options in the "Graphics" tab in the settings, maybe turning off realtime reflections, changing the sky and water type and just trying and seeing what setting or combination of settings makes the biggest difference.

What car/map are you using? some of them are more resource-intensive than others, from what I've noticed

Hope that helps

That's really offensive suggestion you give there. Get a better PC? You think what? I'm rich???
You wanted to know how to make it less laggy. That is how.
I mean... he is right...

Now you can try turning down your graphics settings, but if your already at the bottom, then there isn't much you can do except upgrade your PC. Granted, looking at your specs, I am guessing that you are having graphics issues as your processor looks to be more than enough. I used to run RoR on some pretty garbage machines, but you NEED a graphics card to actually get halfway decent FPS. You can run it off the processors built in graphics, but unless its a very new very powerful processor, more than likely that won't be enough.

That being said, RoR does not take much to make it run well... like... my 10 year old MacBook Pro easily eclipses 110fps on most maps with most vehicles. So even if your not made of money, if lowing the graphics doesn't do it for you, a used graphics card should be more than enough to get RoR to run well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back