Porting content - Stunt Rally tracks exporter

Cant wait!! Going to have to probably wait for a new RoR release, though - I dont know much about building from source

No need to. I think if you just grab the latest dev build, it should be fine. Might now need to manually download all packs and put to mods dir.

I want to do new video tutorials for it. If I do it should be easy to learn it.
Otherwise it's a bit confusing to watch those old videos. Since it's been 10 years already..
I'll do a chapter for exporting too, right now it's explained in docs page.

No need to. I think if you just grab the latest dev build, it should be fine. Might now need to manually download all packs and put to mods dir.
That'd be great. Are those fixes done that you proposed then? And does this latest fix the issue with AMD cards and shadows?

I want to do new video tutorials for it. If I do it should be easy to learn it.
Otherwise it's a bit confusing to watch those old videos. Since it's been 10 years already..
I'll do a chapter for exporting too, right now it's explained in docs page.

Great - excited to see what the community will do with that!

No I don't have shadows. But IDC even. I mean RoR is worse looking than SR3 so I don't need them.

My PR fixes aren't yet done. But it's been 4 days, I'll wait more.
I think if nothing happens in a week (or max 2), then I'll start uploading what I have.

I don't think jpg terrain is needed, what's a 400 MB pack, if some RoR tracks now are over 100 MB, and you guys upload 8MB png screenshots daily.
Clearly you don't need to care about download size, right?

So total I have is around 950 MB in SR packs, plus for all tracks will be close to 450 MB.
Right now I have 96 (of about 132) tracks ready.

For tracks with full road on terrain, nothing is needed now. Current dev version supports asset packs (just manual download I suppose) and those work already.
And for rest of tracks you could use my PR's (for road rotation) build which is also available. And works fine for me.

I'd really like that grass fix first though, it could affect how much grass is on all tracks, since now it's in same places.
Sure I'd propose few more fixes (it's like every thing in RoR has some bugs now) but at this rate, I doubt those would be done soon, if (so many, even old) PRs are waiting.
Scaling command in odef isn't crucial, all works now without it. I could code it too in PR.

Trees/rocks sometimes will appear on road (no collision just drive through them).
Won't fix. IDC, paged geom is the worst, and that highDensity param just packs more trees in square pages marked as white pixels on density maps.
I can't even. So many things I did code my own better way in even older SR.

My PR fixes aren't yet done. But it's been 4 days, I'll wait more.
I think if nothing happens in a week (or max 2), then I'll start uploading what I have.
Pull requests usually take a while to merge as we unfortunately only have one main developer (Petr). I'd release at least a portion of what you have now, would allow us to properly test your PRs.
I don't think jpg terrain is needed, what's a 400 MB pack, if some RoR tracks now are over 100 MB, and you guys upload 8MB png screenshots daily.
Clearly you don't need to care about download size, right?
Storage size really isn't an issue, SSDs are big and cheap nowadays. The recently updated Toyota pack is over 365MB, plus a lot of games today are well over 60-100GB+

Allright. I will start uploading today.
One question though. If I upload e.g. a sr-materials pack, can I then upload again and discard that version? E.g. if I later fix or add something.
I did only diffuse textures for meshes, as I don't know how to properly add nomalmaps in .material. Does it need those .cg files then? Will this work with RTSS in Ogre 13 or 14. I got too many questions.

Okay seems I can delete resource after, and I could upload again, should be okay.
Hmm I'm going to put various in Authors and License mostly. Since I'm doing assetpacks and each one in pack has different. I will always add a text file with details for each.

As your maps require features currently only present in the developer build, I'd highly recommend creating a new thread in Showrooms and upload the files there. Otherwise those running the stable release will download from the in-game Repository and be very confused as to why nothing works.

On the topic, info how to export SR3 tracks to RoR is in our doc page.
Info and tutorials for how to use SR3 Track Editor, to create and edit tracks (also for RoR) is here.

I'm working on new tutorial videos, still many missing. I will create one about export to RoR too.
Also soon there should be SR 3.1 release with Linux appimage.

Back