WIP - Beta Released 2006 Ibishu Smol, a Miata Knockoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunderbilt

i barely play this game
So i've decided to dip my toes in the modding world. I'm in the progress of making a N/B using nodeSnap (which will most likely end horribly)
The planed versions are:
Miata

It's not in game yet (I need to make a stable N/B) then I will figure out how to make a proper mesh so it will look like a Miata (hopefully)

1620237371390.png

If anybody wants to help in development if this vehicle let me know.

Attachments

• 2006MazdaMiata.zip
    229.6 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
So i've decided to dip my toes in the modding world. I'm in the progress of making a N/B using nodeSnap (which will most likely end horribly)
The planed versions are:
Miata

It's not in game yet (I need to make a stable N/B) then I will figure out how to make a proper mesh so it will look like a Miata (hopefully)

View attachment 11710
If anybody wants to help in development if this vehicle let me know.
It would be easier to make stable with far less nodes. You shouldn't be so detailed with the n/b if a mesh is going to hide it in the end. Along with it being redundant to make a miata with 3000 nodes. (p.s. don't do detachable and deformable as a first attempt at mod making)
Complex deformable cars don't even have a node every 5 cm

Make the mesh detailed and not the n/b . Down the road you can add nodes that make sense if you have a stable core to work with.

It would be easier to make stable with far less nodes. You shouldn't be so detailed with the n/b if a mesh is going to hide it in the end. Along with it being redundant to make a miata with 3000 nodes. (p.s. don't do detachable and deformable as a first attempt at mod making)
Complex deformable cars don't even have a node every 5 cm

Make the mesh detailed and not the n/b . Down the road you can add nodes that make sense if you have a stable core to work with.
Ok, thanks for the tip!

!UPDATE!

I've toned down the N/B and made a 3D Model, no wheels, no engine, no mesh, but it's in RoR now and you can actually tell what the N/B is supposed to be. It falls apart (I need to finish connecting nodes) but at least I'm getting somewhere.
screenshot_2021-05-06_09-14-10_1.png

Oi, update no one cares about:
Revised N/B, it stays up on its own now which is nice and it's more properly scaled, it's now the size of a large pickup instead of a semi truck.
Im still too stupid too add wheels but it does have a little bit of suspension.
Oh yeah, it has collisions which is nice I guess

In game pics:
screenshot_2021-05-08_08-22-33_1.pngscreenshot_2021-05-08_08-23-16_1.png

So, it has shocks and steering and it moves at a whole 23mph, the front half of the car needs to be modified and some other things. But for now you can download the monstrosity that is the car on the first page as it is Beta Released.
screenshot_2021-05-11_16-35-24_1.pngscreenshot_2021-05-11_18-32-08_1.pngscreenshot_2021-05-11_18-33-53_1.pngscreenshot_2021-05-11_16-35-20_1.png
screenshot_2021-05-11_18-34-49_1.png

Hey, that's really cool!

It's definitely not the easy to put suspension and wheels on a body, especially when you've never done it before.

You have some nodes that aren't attached to anything. These fall onto the ground and stay where you spawned the car, this messes up the camera, the further away you drive.

I don't know what the best way to solve this is, because if you delete them, the node numbers after them will change, and that means the nodes defined for shocks/wheels will be wrong.

Hey, that's really cool!

It's definitely not the easy to put suspension and wheels on a body, especially when you've never done it before.

You have some nodes that aren't attached to anything. These fall onto the ground and stay where you spawned the car, this messes up the camera, the further away you drive.

I don't know what the best way to solve this is, because if you delete them, the node numbers after them will change, and that means the nodes defined for shocks/wheels will be wrong.
I'll most likley find the weird beams and try to connect them to another part of the vehicle... I'm not sure yet though.

Reactions: SRT
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back