2021.04 Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zentro

Administrator
We'd like to hear your thoughts on the latest release of Rigs of Rods.

Known issues in 2021.04
  • Rigs of Rods will not launch on Ubuntu 18.04
  • The parking break flare is missing
  • Windows installer with contentpack will not start due to a ZIP error
  • On AMD, the game will not launch unless OpenGL is commented out in the plugins.cfg file
  • Mini/map is black depending on the graphical options and some icons are missing
  • ODEF/material issues on reload (needs review)

What to look forward to in upcoming releases

In addition to the usual fixes and improvements, here are some major changes coming in upcoming releases:

Last edited:
well cant download the content pack

Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (9).png

The Linux version of the game was not updated on itch. Why?
Hopefully this update is not the end of Linux support of the game-

well cant download the content pack thing

We are aware. If you've had a previous version of the game you don't need the content packs. If you do need them you'll have to download them separately for now. https://forum.rigsofrods.org/resources/categories/content-packs.10/

The Linux version of the game was not updated on itch. Why?
Hopefully this update is not the end of Linux support of the game-

Will be available in the morning.

Bug #1: Map landpoint/capitals are missing since 2021.02
Pretty self explanatory, terrain coordinates listed to be marked on the in-game map do not appear since 2021.02.

Bug #2: Odef and materials are severely broken This has been since 2021.02
Say I spawn a Voulk Thomas FS65, ok, now it is spawned with no issues
After that, I delete it. I spawned up a reskinned Voulk Thomas with a slight mesh change
The body mesh, and other meshes that have been modified disappear.
------MATERIALS------
Say I spawn up a vehicle with this material for example: (SAMPLE_mat)
and I spawn up another vehicle with the same material name but with a different texture or properties
The material on the vehicle I just spawned turns white and is non-existent
You have to reload your game to get the vehicle with the correct materials, but yet
the other material still would interfere on the first vehicle.
I still have to look into this mesh and material bug more,
but I know it is existent

Just looked more in the issue actual mesh files interfere too. I spawned up a vehicle with a rescaled steering wheel, and then the original vehicle had a rescaled steering wheel when I spawned it as well.

Bug #1: Map landpoint/capitals are missing since 2021.02
Pretty self explanatory, terrain coordinates listed to be marked on the in-game map do not appear since 2021.02.
1618510923628.png

turns out this is a feature... you need to disable "gfx_declutter_map" in console or RoR.cfg. It's on by default.

Edit: I can't steer, move around, change the view, or do any main command if my cursor is placed anywhere near the bottom part of my screen.

Last edited:
Edit: I can't steer, move around, change the view, or do any main command if my cursor is placed anywhere near the bottom part of my screen.

Can confirm, deadzone:

deadzone-jpg.11524

When loading a saved game, the parking brake indicator will show as "off" even if the vehicle's parking brake is on.
Same with the default lights indicator (lights activated with n key) - the lights themselves will be on, the flares are shown, but the indicator is off.

https://github.com/RigsOfRods/rigs-of-rods/issues/2740

Last edited:
I've had an issue a few times where I select a truck, but I get rid of it, and try to spawn a new one. POOF, there's the same truck. I don't even get to the spawner, it automatically spawns it. Anyone else have this?

I've had an issue a few times where I select a truck, but I get rid of it, and try to spawn a new one. POOF, there's the same truck. I don't even get to the spawner, it automatically spawns it. Anyone else have this?
The first time I added a bunch of content (starting fresh) and entered singleplayer, as soon as I pressed CTRL+G to open the spawner, it'd spawn the first thing from the list, on its own.

Every. time.

It wasn't after I restarted the game that it stopped. I could not reproduce this behaviour, but now that you mention your issue which is very similar I thought I'd mention it too!

tl;dr: spawner sometimes spawns stuff on its own, instantly, after you open the spawner.

From discord about terrain editor:

Cycling through the list still doesn't seem to work; neither does pressing Enter to select the closest object. Also can't exit an object without leaving terrain editor mode altogether.

Edit: Fixed

Last edited:
i cant wait for new updates. this game has a sort of charm to it that beamng doesnt have.

I just updated to 2020.04 from 0.4.8.0 so I could use multiplayer again and I have two problems:
1: The camera sensitivity speed is way too slow even after setting it all the way up (When you move the camera around using the numpad).

2: In 0.4.8.0, I could hit the windows key to select something on my desktop (I play windowed mode) if I wanted to open my files or listen to a different YouTube video or whatever, and with 2020.04, hitting the windows key in Rigs of Rods doesn't do anything, so to select anything outside RoR, I have to close the game.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I dont know about the second question.
1: The camera sensitivity speed is way too slow even after setting it all the way up (When you move the camera around using the numpad).
I personaly prefer to use the mouse instead of numpad

Say I spawn up a vehicle with this material for example: (SAMPLE_mat)
and I spawn up another vehicle with the same material name but with a different texture or properties
The material on the vehicle I just spawned turns white and is non-existent
This is now fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back