2022.12 Discussion thread

I have a challenge! On a full-width vehicle (not ATV, motorcycle, nor the like) in Trail Island, go south at spawn point then east up the rock, on which the vehicle is located on the map just below, then instead of going the seemingly more accessible path just west of the pink line
View attachment 16771View attachment 16772
, go east of it, and not just a bit east on the trail from a 'T' intersection climbing across the hill to another 'T', but keep going east to the ledge of the sea, just west of the lavender line (of the map). There's a section I can't imagine a full-width vehicle making it across, as seen in
View attachment 16773View attachment 16774
as it pushes the vehicle away and right after the trail angle go down toward the sea. The following, with the truck on the side,
View attachment 16775
is the best I've done.

I'm hoping other people try and let me know of their attempt/success. :)
hm... name a vehicle and ill make it happen

i wanna try night driving for a change, but i dont know how to make the sky darker, the controls seemed simple enough but it doesnt work, any reason why that is?

i wanna try night driving for a change, but i dont know how to make the sky darker, the controls seemed simple enough but it doesnt work, any reason why that is?
Changing time of day is supported only by Caelum and SkyX sky types.
1708387370362.png

is there a way to get the lights to show on the ground when they are turned on?

is there a way to get the lights to show on the ground when they are turned on?
Unfortunately no, lights don't cast correctly (or at all) as RoR currently uses per-vertex lighting and PSSM shadows also prevent light casting. But yes, eventually™ RoR's rendering engine will be upgraded to OGRE 13 which supports per-pixel lighting.

nice, ill be really excited to do some proper night driving when its upgraded!

Back