Solved Air-based vehicles crashing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miggy

Carlos.
i just registered my acc here and i dont exactly know where to put this yet so

it seems that all of my airplanes and helicopters crash the game, and the rest of the vehicles are working fine. do you guys have any idea on whats going on? what causes the crashes?

It seems that every flying vehicle I spawn crashes the game without a warning, just straight to the desktop. So I tried loading the Hughes 500D RoR in Simple Test Terrain for the RoR log.

Btw, I am using a Windows 10 Home 64-Bit laptop packed with Intel's 2nd Gen i5 2450M (Dual Core clocks at 2.50 GHz) paired with 4GB of DDR3 Ram and Nvidia's GT520MX.

Hi again,

Thanks so much for including so much info, it always helps

I had a look at the log file and only found one thing worth noting. RoR is currently using your integrated graphics, not the Nvidia GPU:

21:06:21: GPU Vendor: intel
21:06:21: Device Name: Monitor-1-Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

You may probably want to change that, in Settings>Render System>Rendering Device

That being said, I'm pretty sure that's not what's causing RoR to crash. There's nothing that I can see that indicates a problem, the log file ends just before it's done loading the vehicle, just before it loads the last few things (.dds and .mesh in my case)

The only person that can help us now is Mike lol @CuriousMike he really knows his stuff

Thanks! Had no idea it was still using the HD Graphics after I set it to run using the 520MX in the Nvidia control panel (the Nvidia card doesn't show up at the in-game settings so I had to force it through Nvidia's control panel).

If you guys know what to do with this ^ I would totally appreciate it!

Thanks! Had no idea it was still using the HD Graphics after I set it to run using the 520MX in the Nvidia control panel (the Nvidia card doesn't show up at the in-game settings so I had to force it through Nvidia's control panel).

If you guys know what to do with this ^ I would totally appreciate it!
RoR will only display the rendering device powering the display in settings. When you force RoR to use the NVIDIA GPU, the name in settings won't change.
About your crash, try removing the Documents\My Games\Rigs of Rods\config folder and attempt to spawn the helicopter using the default settings.

RoR will only display the rendering device powering the display in settings. When you force RoR to use the NVIDIA GPU, the name in settings won't change.
About your crash, try removing the Documents\My Games\Rigs of Rods\config folder and attempt to spawn the helicopter using the default settings.

But the Nvidia still runs the game right? It just doesn't show in the settings?

I'll try that right now. What do you mean by default settings btw?

This one worked, but my machine could not handle it, averages about 3-5 frames per second.

But it worked tho, I'll try to tone down the settings one by one and see how low I could get for a smooth experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back