Blender stopped converting xml.mesh to .mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbzy

ドリフト
Besides my Blender ins't converting xml.mesh to .mesh anymore
I also can't just convert it manually xml.mesh to mesh cuz my Blender ins't naming the mesh with the mesh name, its naming it with the texture file name
  • xml file:
(<submesh index="0" name="gavril1024">)
  • Console:
(Exception while reading windows registry: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified "io_export_rogremesh" is missing)
Extended Report:
MESHES:
. gavril1024

1618593146106.png

So it asks to replace the material file (But obviously I don't finish this execution)

but when i executed ror, the cache update notice appears indicating that the change has been applied, but when I generate the car that I modified, the change was not applied, stills stock, and when I generated a vehicle that share the same mesh, the mesh was gone, and sometimes the mesh appears, but it appears white

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2021-04-16 151042.png
    Captura de tela 2021-04-16 151042.png
    824 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Solution
Similar problem here, everything works fine except that Blender does not create .mash file 🤨

Hi again, so Ive been talking to some guys from a blender community about it, and he said that alot of people are actually having trouble with that version acting up and causing problems with addons.

It seems like no one had really figured out any fixes yet. Most of the guys have just download a higher version to get away from the problem.

And it seems that until someone from the staff does not analyze it further, this problem will not have a solution, so thats it, im jumping to 2.92, and thats soooo much better. And actually easier after i figured out, things work now. And since there is no OGRE exporter/importer plug-in for...
Well, I’m gonna to tell here a few things I’ve been trying to do try to solve this problem, which unfortunately didn’t work for me, but which would work for other people who are getting this same problem. Because I kinda discovered the cause, problem occurs when I try to enable OGRE exporter, the blender console reported this

(If anyone knows what this report means, I would appreciate it.)
Obs: i cant browse in files using my cursor mouse, i have to use the keyboard when OGRE exporter is enbled
Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 398, in disable mod.unregister()

So ive been trying edit the xml file first, Opening the original xml of the mesh im working with and see whats different. You can copy that over to the xml that you exported then you can convert it into a mesh file. You can also set up texture paths with 2.92 alot better. But i dont know how to do that with the older versions than 2.79.

probably missing the plug ins for the exporter. ive been tryed to get a clean download of blender. Python and the export and imports. deleting the entire blender.
I don't know where python is. You download a new copy of python it should overight old one. And for the ror plug ins you can get to thos through blender with your user preferences setting and remove them thay way. That is if you want to do that. It is probably alot of trouble.

Last edited:
Well, I’m gonna to tell here a few things I’ve been trying to do try to solve this problem, which unfortunately didn’t work for me, but which may be the solution for other people who are getting this same problem, because I kinda discovered the cause, problem occurs when I try to enable OGRE exporter, the blender console reported this (If anyone knows what this report means, I would appreciate it.)
Obs: i cant browse in files using my cursor mouse, i have to use the keyboard when OGRE exporter is enbled

So ive been trying edit the xml file first, Opening the original xml of the mesh im working with and see whats different. You can copy that over to the xml that you exported then you can convert it into a mesh file. You can also set up texture paths with 2.92 alot better. But i dont know how to do that with the older versions than 2.79.

probably missing the plug ins for the exporter. ive been tryed to get a clean download of blender. Python and the export and imports. deleting the entire blender.
I don't know where python is. You download a new copy of python it should overight old one. And for the ror plug ins you can get to thos through blender with your user preferences setting and remove them thay way. That is if you want to do that. It is probably alot of trouble.
*visible confusion*

This is above my level of understanding...

Similar problem here, everything works fine except that Blender does not create .mash file 🤨

Hi again, so Ive been talking to some guys from a blender community about it, and he said that alot of people are actually having trouble with that version acting up and causing problems with addons.

It seems like no one had really figured out any fixes yet. Most of the guys have just download a higher version to get away from the problem.

And it seems that until someone from the staff does not analyze it further, this problem will not have a solution, so thats it, im jumping to 2.92, and thats soooo much better. And actually easier after i figured out, things work now. And since there is no OGRE exporter/importer plug-in for latest versions of Blender (as far as I know!), Its recommended to use the Ogreassimp.

OgreAssimp is a command-line tool to convert models to OGRE format.
It works the same way as convert some .mesh to .xml.mesh, check out the usage

Usage:
1. Download and unzip OgreAssimp.zip somewhere
2. Export the 3D model from your favourite 3D editor in one of the following formats:
.AMF, 3DS, AC, ASE, ASSBIN, B3D, BVH, COLLADA, DXF,CSM, HMP, IRRMESH, IRR, LWO, LWS, M3D, MD2, MD3, MD5, MDC, MDL, NFF, NDO, OFF, OBJ, OGRE, OPENGEX, PLY, MS3D, COB, BLEND, IFC, XGL, FBX, Q3D, Q3BSP, RAW, SIB, SMD, STL, TERRAGEN 3D, X, X3D, GLTF, 3MF, MMD
3. Drag and drop your 3D model onto the OgreAssimpConverter.exe executable
4. that's it! OgreAssimp now should have created a mesh file and a material that you can use in RoR

And there you go!

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back