Can someone make a Microsoft Sidewinder Steering Wheel map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Silver

😖
I've tried the mapping tool but it just doesn't seem to work for me. Can anyone help?

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Input Mapping Tool. I can relate - it never worked quite right for me.

If you can find someone who has one of these exact wheels, they could create an input map for you. This seems unlikely though.

What specifically doesn't seem to work for you, when you try to create your own input map?

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Input Mapping Tool. I can relate - it never worked quite right for me.

If you can find someone who has one of these exact wheels, they could create an input map for you. This seems unlikely though.

What specifically doesn't seem to work for you, when you try to create your own input map?
The problem is mainly the pedals, the values are somehow reversed. (Ex when the brake is released the program senses that they are all the way down.) I looked in the .map file but found nothing that could reverse a function, at least to my knowledge.

Ahh, I see.

I'm not sure how it's set up, but aren't brake and gas on the same axis? I had a look on google trying to see how it was set up, can't really come to any conclusion without being able to mess with the wheel for myself..

There are some arguments you can use to modify how RoR handles the axes for brake and gas:
You can set these in the Input Mapping Tool by right-clicking on the axes for the pedals, I think

I'm sorry it's not much help, I have never set up a wheel or a device that uses a single axis for two analog controls. I'm sure you can figure it out if you got this far though, maybe someone more knowlegable will be able to help you

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Thank you!

Edit: Everything worked out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back