cant find the .rigsofrods folder

jooshbutmynameisjosh

f-sieries lover
I recently started using the itch.io desktop app to run rigs of rods. I can't find the .rigsofrods folder to change configs and add external mods. I use linux if that makes any difference.

Try entering cd ~/.rigsofrods/in the terminal, or you can click on the toggle location entry (top right) in your file manager and just paste ~/.rigsofrods/ in there as a more user-friendly method. If those don't work, make sure you didn't delete the folder by accident or moved it.
I also use linux mint, so this should be pretty helpful

see if ~/.config/itch/apps/rigs-of-rods-dev exists, you might be able to put your mods in the content folder
one quick question: are you using the windows or native linux version?
if using wine and windows version, the folder would be ~/Documents/My Games/Rigs of Rods or something like that

Oh so you used the flatpak instead of getting it from the website
well,that's besides the point. You need to launch the game first because the folder is automatically generated. If you don't launch the game, the folder won't exist

After installing a mod from the in-game Repository, open the vehicle selector and enable "Show details". The full file path to the mod directory should be displayed:
1727766975120.png

Well, guess now you have your .rigsofrods folder
I honestly have no experience with the itch flatpak, so I probably wouldn't have known that was the issue anyways

Back