Unsolved Clutch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHM456

I was wondering why the clutch barely has any slip in it. I am using a Logitech G920 racing wheel and when I let out the clutch pedal, in game the clutch acts as an on/off switch rather than a gradual increase. If anyone knows any way to solve this problem please help.

Ok... I will make the assumption that you are using windows ... So going back to my extensive experience with Racer(.nl):

Racer has an adequate amount of in-simulator adjustments for the end user to make (including a simple checkbox to switch between digital and ANALOGUE). If you were to use your Logitech G920 racing wheel with Racer(.nl) (and have the left pedal set as the clutch as is usually the default), and the problem that you describe occurs, it is solved in one of three ways:

1. Opening the Windows Device Manager, selecting your wheel/pedal set, and either re-calibrating it, or also locating a similar Digital/Analogue setting in "Properties" for example and making sure it is set to ## ANALOGUE ## .

2. Changing the key command (clutch pedal in this case, or "C" on the keyboard even) from processing the input as DIGITAL, to processing the input as ## ANALOGUE ## . You might want to ask someone else who is good with RoR configuration files about where this setting/line can be found for wheels/pedal sets. I no longer have a wheel/pedal set.

3. Try to find the setting in the software that came with your wheel/pedal set, if any, and ensure the clutch is set to Analogue.

As I've mentioned, this solves the problem when using the physics simulator Racer(.nl) so 🤞 I hope 🤞 it can be of some aid in setting the clutch right in RoR as well.

🏎______🌬________________🌬_ _ _

Last edited:
Or just edit your wheel's input map and replace the TRUCK_MANUAL_CLUTCH line with the following:
TRUCK_MANUAL_CLUTCH JoystickSliderX 0 X 0 REVERSE
This is for the G29, I assume it's the same/similar for the G290 as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back