Clutch not smooth, either 0 or 100. Any way to adjust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

tl;dr: clutch acts as a button, instead of analog input. help.

I've really been enjoying how smoothly the vehicles start moving when using automatic transmission (from a complete standstill) when you increase the throttle slowly.

So I wanted that same experience with a clutch, on a manual transmission. I've assigned TRUCK_MANUAL_CLUTCH to a JoystickAxis and tried it in game.
Most of the movement range does nothing (makes sense irl and on pedals but not so much here) until you get to the point where the clutch starts to engage. Instead of slipping, it just fully engages, instantly.

Is there any way to adjust this?
Also, is there any way of visualizing the input values so I can see them on the screen? this would make it easier to troubleshoot.

My only solution to that is see if its possible to adjust this in your peripheral program (depending on your equipment of course),
if it doesn't work out or everything is as it should be, then you will have to wait for someone more specialized

And yes, as I mentioned first, depending on your equipment, it will have a program that allows you to see how much pressure is applied on clutch
then it will be possible to analyze if the clutch behaves like a button or if its acting like a clutch

Last edited:
My only solution to that is see if its possible to adjust this in your peripheral program (depending on your equipment of course),
if it doesn't work out or everything is as it should be, then you will have to wait for someone more specialized

And yes, as I mentioned first, depending on your equipment, it will have a program that allows you to see how much pressure is applied on clutch
then it will be possible to analyze if the clutch behaves like a button or if its acting like a clutch
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I'm using my Logitech Rumblepad 2, and I totally forgot about the "Logitech Gaming Software" because I never needed it.

I messed around adjusting the settings for the axis I'm using as clutch, and was able to at least make it so if I really try and move it slowly by tiny amount, I can tell it gives analog input, but the zone in which it does is so tiny it's impossible to modulate the clutch playing normally.

There's nothing more the sofware can do, we'll just have to see if someone knows how to extend this "slipping/biting/contact zone"

I believe the clutch simulation in RoR is not really good. As a G27 user, It feels like when I release the clutch pedal (which act as a slider and not a joystick axis), It like goes to 100%, like described. It has a ton of range on the Logitech Gaming Software app.

I believe the clutch simulation in RoR is not really good. As a G27 user, It feels like when I release the clutch pedal (which act as a slider and not a joystick axis), It like goes to 100%, like described. It has a ton of range on the Logitech Gaming Software app.
I was wondering if it would be any better with pedals, and now I know, thank you for your input! no pun intended

When using the "automatic clutch" it's pretty great, by varying the throttle I can control the power that is transmitted to the wheels with good precision, which is what I'm after. So that, for example, I can set off in 3rd gear if I want, without stalling the engine.

Of course as we all know, a cluch irl doesn't act like a potentiometer.. most of the movement range does nothing, until you get to the point where it (dis)engages, though it should be possible (at least in your case with the pedals) to control the amount of "bite" fairly easily.

Off topic, but your G27 looks nothing like a G27, like, wow! are those steering column switches functional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back