Solved Collisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PINDER #270

Hey all, used to be on the forum years ago but account is long gone!

Been playing this game for 6 years now, a few years ago me and my mates discovered multiplayer still worked on 0.38 and so we attempted to do a demolition derby, not realising collisions didn't work lol.

Earlier today I installed the new game and a bunch of my mates did too, we all turned collisions on and used Burnsides. Turns out they keep getting stuck in each other and don't bend at all. What's going on here! It's hardly any good having collisions if they don't really work!

Am I doing something wrong? Is it the car? Would other cars work better?

It's not currently possible to have a demolition derby with other players. MP collisions are very limited, it doesn't transfer node forces over the network so other players are basically a solid wall.
You can still have fun with collisions though by spawning ramps (such as the Kicker Ramp, or using the Ramp Buggy) or try to stay on other player's trailers (works best with trailers that have loading ramps and each player has a high FPS)

Any chance of sorting it in the near future? There's about 25 - 30 of us wanting to do it but in it's current state it's not worth our time.

Proper collisions aren't possible with our current network code. It needs to be completely reworked, which won't be happening any time soon.

How long until you might be doing it? We're all completely gutted. Tried to have a crash up session this evening and everyone just got stuck to each other.

I'm not a developer, but I doubt it's going to happen any time soon, if ever. The multiplayer code is the best it can get without a complete rewrite. Just be happy with what you have or move to another game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back