Crash scene

KGM

How do I make a car crash scene like with a train and a car? How do I drive or make two cars drive at the same time so I can make a real-life looking traffic crash?

By the way, how do I use slow motion by using the keyboard? I know how to use it by going to the top of the screen but I would like to use it but just pressing a couple keys on my keyboard.

It depends on how complex you want to make it

I started by spawning a car and driving into it, but that's boring.

It gets more fun when you use save game feature. Press CTRL+ALT+1 (you have 1,2,3,4,5 save slots) to save the current moment in time. You can use ALT+1 to reload.

That way you can use free camera (SHIFT+C) to get different angles, once you have your angle you can use fixed camera (ALT+C) and that will allow you to control the active vehicle if you wish. Remember these modes toggle on-off.

It gets more complicated when you want to have, say, 2 moving vehicles crash at an intersection

Soft-reset mode allows you to re-position cars while keeping their momentum, for me it's the '@ key to toggle it. Then while holding BACKSPACE you use WASD and arrow keys to position/rotate, you can use SHIFT/CTRL/ALT to speed up/slow down the movement

You can use the END key on your keyboard to pause a single vehicle's physics, or J key to pause all physics.
I pause all vehicles with END, unpause any I want to move, pause everything with J, unpause each vehicle with END, save game and then press J to watch what happens.

I know it's all very confusing through text, but just try and see for yourself, and I'm sure you'll figure things out.
1) how the save and reload feature works
2) the soft-reset mode where you hold down BACKSPACE and position your vehicle
3) pausing physics for everything with J or single vehicle with END

Oh, and switching between vehicles with CTRL+[ and CTRL+]

Simulation speed:
SHIFT+= and CTRL+= \ | key - reset speed to 100%

I tried making a video for you but it's so unclear what is happening, it's pretty useless.

Reactions: KGM
Thank you Mark for taking the time to write this for me. What is simulation speed for?

If you can do a video then awesome but don't worry, I should be able to figure everything out like you said.
Thank you again

No problem, sorry I know it doesn't make much sense, I hope it can be some fun figuring it out though

By adjusting the simulation speed, you get slow motion

Reactions: KGM
Yes, it will be fun for me
Ohh! Thank you! I was trying to figure out what that was for. The word made sense but at the time nothing really happened. Now I know thank you

Back