creating a mod

NGTaylor

hey all! i was wondering how easy or hard it is to make a mod for ror, any and all help with even just a rudimentary truck mod would be great!

If you just want to create a basic vehicle it should not be too hard. If you want it to be damageable then it's a lot harder.
I would start by reading the official docs. Also, it should be possible to create the N/B with nodesnap, which is already better than using notepad or whatever.

looks like i have a lot to learn, regarding nodesnap, i really hope theres instructions for it though

i am trying my best to understand it all but i dont think im ready to make a mod yet

know what ill try ir, but how do i add the example trucks to my game to learn how they work?

know what ill try ir, but how do i add the example trucks to my game to learn how they work?
If you mean, the .truck files you can download from Docs tutorials, just drop them in your mods folder and they'll be spawnable in-game.
Or make a subfolder in your mods folder for these example .trucks, to keep it tidy.

i think im ready to learn to mod now! itll mainly be a couple shapes to learn the controls but later on ill make a proper rig

Most of us old-timers use the Blender plugin for N/B creation now. It has a strong learning curve compared to nodeSnap and the Editorizer (both abandoned projects), however eventually you'll likely want to begin learning Blender 3D modelling anyway, easiest to keep everything in a single program.
Installation instructions are here, and the recently created modifying suspension tutorial covers the basics of importing and exporting a truck file.

Blender vs RoR terminology:
Vertexes/Indices = Nodes
Edges = Beams
Faces = Contactable submesh (cab)

Last edited:
so blender is easier to learn than nodesnap?
edit; i do have a very crappy pc so i cant use it until i get a better rig so node is all i can use

Last edited:
Did you mean 2012? 20+ year old PCs usually can't run modern software lol. If you can run the newest RoR release, Blender should run also.
thing is, i run ror with minimal settings like low everything, the fact i can run blender for windows 64 amazes even me

okay, so im creating a basic chassis but i dont understand how to create shocks

Back