Does Stick Shift Work On Keyboard? If So, How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatRanger92

Professionally Stupid
I've always seen the option Fully Manual: Stick Shift but I don't know how to use it, vie checked the documentation and cant seem to find anything, anyone know the purpose of it?

Well, sequential shift is about as good as it gets on keyboard. As far as I know, Fully Manual: Stick Shift is specifically designed for a dedicated shifter peripheral. From the Beginner's Guide:
Fully manual: stick shift - This mode is useful if you have a game controller with an H-shifter (like Logitech G27). In this mode the player can set gears 1-6, N, and R directly by the stick.

This won't work on the default keyboard input map because that transmission mode requires separate inputs for gears 1-6, neutral, and reverse, which aren't included on the keyboard map. It only has A for a generic shift up, Z for a generic shift down, and Shift for a clutch. I suppose you could try to manually map those specific controls to the keyboard and attempt not to have conflicting controls, but it would be much better if you used a physical shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back