Favorite Motorsports

Xploder98

Well-Wisher
Retired Staff
Hello all,

I was wondering if we had users interested in various motorsports. Maybe you could list what motorsport(s) you like to follow, and what you enjoy the most about them or other details you'd like to include. Oh, and if there's anyone looking for a motorsport to follow or want to find out how to start following one, feel free to post about that too. We could try to help you out 🙂.

I could start off I guess. I tried out following a bunch of different motorsports last year, including NASCAR, IndyCar, Formula 1, World Rally Championship, European Truck Racing Championship, IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, NHRA drag racing and more.

The ones that have really stuck for me have been NASCAR, IndyCar, and ETRC. In a broad sense I really like oval racing (yeah yeah, "just left turns and throttle" lol) as well as circuit racing. There's a lot of things I could list about each one, but I guess what I like most is trying to follow strategy and what kinds of decisions drivers make. For instance, do they go all-out early in a race to try and get in a good position quickly, or do they pace themselves and try to wait till closer to the end? Do they play it safe or drive a bit more aggressively? Do they choose to try and overtake in this corner, or do they wait and try to set up for another opportunity later? Those kinds of strategic decisions, as well as just the sheer spectacle of cars and trucks going fast are what tend to draw me into following motorsports. 🙂

Formula 1 is THE favorite for me. But hey, I am Dutch, so I have a good reason:
1633366078455.png

my favourite motorsport is rally racing its feels great when u floor it through the dirt tracks

If I had to pick out of all of them, would definitely say Formula Drift and Formula E are my two favorites.

If I had to pick out of all of them, would definitely say Formula Drift and Formula E are my two favorites.
I think I tried watching FD once or twice before but never really stuck. Seems cool though. I may need some help getting into watching drifting, like how to approach it differently from, say, watching a race lol.

Formula E is really something though. Any thoughts on how Monaco went and Nyck de Vries becoming world champion?

As much as I like Audi's team, Mercedes really came in strong and Nyck de Vries was doing consistently well throughout most of the season, not to mention he's fairly new to the sport which makes it all the more impressive. As even the commentators mentioned that Mercedes as soon as they joined the sport have a chance at dominating it like they are in Formula 1. Now Monaco, sure was something...

As much as I like Audi's team, Mercedes really came in strong and Nyck de Vries was doing consistently well throughout most of the season, not to mention he's fairly new to the sport which makes it all the more impressive. As even the commentators mentioned that Mercedes as soon as they joined the sport have a chance at dominating it like they are in Formula 1. Now Monaco, sure was something...
I must say, FE cars are very well suited to most tight street circuits anyway, so doing Monaco as they did was a good choice.

Was a great choice, plenty of drama on such a famous circuit, can't wait to see it im the next season.

Maybe I could start some threads to discuss the remaining seasons for some series. Could be like interesting articles, highlight or other cool videos, discussion of the latest races or events, etc.

Let's see, I know there's still F1, NASCAR, WRC, IMSA and WEC at least that still have races left. Are there any I might have left out?

I love Rally races and figure eight racing!

Back