• Rigs of Rods 2022.12 has been released! Get it here.
  • We are excited to announce that our forum has undergone a major upgrade to XenForo, bringing us up to date with the latest features and improvements after two years!
    As with any significant upgrade, there are a few changes still taking effect. You may notice some features not working as expected while we complete the final adjustments. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this transition period.

WIP - Beta Released Hot air balloon

It's not as bad as i thought (didn't plug in the normal map yet tho) and it seems to be working:
Screenshot_20240720_214150.png

The 3D model i used seems to have a bit of a mess in the materials, but i will fix it. Also, i plan on adding a few extra details myself (like propane tanks and gauges), but i don't know if i will do that before the initial release.
Current release to-do list:
  • Adding all materials [done]
  • Fix a bug that stutters/crashes RoR when you remove it [done]
  • Fix a bug that makes it start as not inflated until you click f1/f2 [done]
  • Get some more consistency at different FPS (currently, if you are going any slower than 60 fps it's gonna inflate/deflate slower, even if physics are still running normally) [done]
  • Optimize the code (it causes some lag on my pc, and since a lot of players use slower hardware, this is a priority) [done]
  • Add license and credits [done]
  • Remove old test files [done]
  • Balance speed [releasing anyways]

Last edited:
Work on materials is going pretty well:
Screenshot_20240725_141258.png

I realized the rope has inverted normals and i have to manually invert it in Blender. I have to say i gave up on creating .materials manually (it was way too hard without finding where RoR's default ones are, if you know where the flexbody_standard effect is please tell me) and just created a 1 pixel image for each solid color material.

All materials are in:
Screenshot_20240725_144903.png

I might add the reflective maps where needed (i only have a dummy one on the engine right now) but not now, i'm definitely going to take a break.
I worked on this for almost 2 and a half hours straight.

uhh sir
it does this when spawned

Attachments

• screenshot_2024-07-25_18-51-56_1.png
    screenshot_2024-07-25_18-51-56_1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Neat will get it when stable build comes out
Also congratulations on first public mod (unless I missed something)
What do you plan on doing next?

Back