How do I update rigs of rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian859

How do I update rigs of rods 2021.02-2.42 To version 2021.04 ? I saw a post that version 2.42 is not compatible with 2021.04

Solution
If you are using the Itch.io version
If you are playing Rigs of Rods 2021.02 through the Itch.io launcher, you will be automatically upgraded to the latest version.

Find out what version of RoR you have.

There are two other versions you could possibly have, a portable version or a version with an installer.

If you used the installer version, Rigs of Rods will be on the list of installed programs:
(you can open these screens by searching for apps & features or programs and features in the start menu search/cortana)
aaf.JPG or paf.JPG

I would advise uninstalling it first, if it's there. If it's not, you probably have a portable version...
If you are using the Itch.io version
If you are playing Rigs of Rods 2021.02 through the Itch.io launcher, you will be automatically upgraded to the latest version.

Find out what version of RoR you have.

There are two other versions you could possibly have, a portable version or a version with an installer.

If you used the installer version, Rigs of Rods will be on the list of installed programs:
(you can open these screens by searching for apps & features or programs and features in the start menu search/cortana)
aaf.JPG or paf.JPG

I would advise uninstalling it first, if it's there. If it's not, you probably have a portable version then.
All your mods and settings should remain in Documents\My Games\Rigs of Rods so don't worry about them.

Download whichever version you wish from here: https://www.rigsofrods.org/download no need to download the content pack version, if you have done it the last time, you'll already have it.

If you get the installer version, you just run that and it will install it for you
If you get the portable version, extract it somewhere safe, I keep mine on the Desktop, and make yourself a shortcut to RoR.exe and replace the old shortcuts. Maybe find where the old portable version is, and delete it?

Solution
View attachment 12584This is my version. Do not uninstall this. I want to update it as it is.
Looking at your screenshot - I cannot tell if this is the portable version, the installer version, or the itch.io version (probably not itch.io), sorry

Why do you not want to uninstall the software? If you don't manually delete your C:\Users\(you)\Documents\Rigs of Rods\ folder, all your settings and vehicles will remain, even if you uninstall first in order to install a new version.

I'm sorry if I'm not very helpful, the language barrier makes things difficult. I hope Google translate is translating well enough to understand.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience many times
I'm using the Windows 64-bit version. However, the condition of the personal computer is not so good. It is difficult to install new software. (Easy to download)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back