Unsolved huge negative performance impact on different device. why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Readsboro, VT(the place i love) Florida, MA(the pl
i have ror 4.7 on a dell e6430 with 8gb ram, intel i5 quad core, and intel hd graphics 4000. also running windows 8. the game at about 60 fps vehicle depending.

then i installed on dell xps (17) l702x with 16gb ram, intel i7 quad core, and intel hd graphic 3000 and nvidia gt 550m running windows 10. so logically speaking i should get better frames due to the higher performing hardware. right? no, i get only about 45 with no vehicle spawned. if i spawn anything the frames never get above 30fps.

why is this? i was gonna make vids with the xps 17 but i guess not if i cant keep a decent frame rate. please help!

sorry i couldnt attach the RoR log. the only thing that came up was the config log.

Last edited:
It could be running on the Intel HD 3000 instead of the Nvidia adapter. Nvidia's software lets you choose what graphics adapter is used for a program.

Attachments

• graphics 1.PNG
    graphics 1.PNG
    71 KB · Views: 322
  • graphics 2.PNG
    graphics 2.PNG
    76.6 KB · Views: 332
I don't think that would cause the problems you're having. Just don't save the config in 4.7 and try and run 4.8 because it might load the wrong config file. You can always just delete (or move out) everything from the Rigs of Rods folder in your documents and it will recreate the config file.

Hang on, that screenshot still says it's using Intel HD Graphics 3000 - that's why it's running slowly. You definitely need to get it to use your Nvidia adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back