Modding Guide for Mitchieboy's Mercedes-Benz CLK

Status
Not open for further replies.

sievert

I got a BURNIN' LOVE!
I figured that some people may have trouble with modifying this CLK using the included parts and .truck file entries. In this tutorial, I will go in-depth on modding this...mod.

Let's start by making a copy of the CLK, which can be found here: https://forum.rigsofrods.org/resources/1998-mercedes-benz-clk.387/
Rename it to whatever, we'll just call it "CLK_208_Custom". Put it in the mods folder if you hadn't done so already. Open it up, and you can choose to delete or keep all three .truck files, you only need one. Let's just delete CLK_208.truck and CLK_208_3.truck, leaving CLK_208_2.truck, which is for the Kompressor Avantagarde trim. Rename it to whatever you want.

Now we can get started.

ENGINE

Open your .truck file and you will be instantly greeted with five engine options.
  • The baseline CLK 200
  • The CLK 200 Kompressor
  • The CLK 230 Kompressor
  • The CLK 230 Kompressor with an automatic transmission
  • The CLK 320 with an automatic transmission
There should be one pre-selected, but if you are not satisfied with the choice (for our example, the car uses the 230 Kompressor option), then we can change it by putting a semicolon ( ; ) in front of the current choice, then remove the semicolon in front of the option you want to choose (let's remove the semicolon in front of the 320 Automatic engine line). Don't remove the semicolon from the title.

PAINT JOB

Now comes choosing your paint job. If you want to keep a factory colour, we can choose between several of them included in the CLK's zip file. These files are defined as CLK_208_Body_XXX.dds, with "XXX" being a number (no, not that).
  • 143: Glacier White
Screenshot-219.png

• 189: Black Opal
Screenshot-220.png

• 197: Obsidian Black
Screenshot-221.png

• 279: Calypso Green
Screenshot-222.png

• 345: Orion Blue
Screenshot-223.png

• 359: Capri Blue
Screenshot-224.png

• 567: Bordeaux Red
Screenshot-225.png

• 586: Magma Red
Screenshot-226.png

• 744: Brilliant Silver
Screenshot-227.png

• 814: Mineral Green
Screenshot-228.png

• 935: Quartz Blue
Screenshot-229.png

If we take a look at the managedmaterials section of your .truck file, our focus is on "CLK_208_Body". But "Acrylix," you ask, "there's, like, four other CLK_208_Body lines. What should I do?". Well, because of the way Mitchieboy separated the three trims from each other, we only have to edit one of them, and that one to edit depends on what trim you chose to edit.

For the Sport trim (CLK_208), it would be CLK_208_Body. For the Elegance trim (CLK_208_3), it would be CLK_208_Body3. For the Kompressor Avantgarde trim (CLK_208_2, the one we're customizing right now as an example), it would be CLK_208_Body2.

For this example, let's choose CLK_208_Body_586.dds, Magma Red. Red makes a car three times faster.
So let's look at the CLK_208_Body2 managedmaterials line, and replace "CLK_208_Body_744.dds" with "CLK_208_Body_586.dds". There you go, you just changed the paint job. If you wanted another paint job, screw you just change that number to the number of your desired paint (listed above).

REGISTRATION

Something people in RoR often forget about (or don't care about) is the license plate. The CLK mod comes standard with a plate that proudly says: #CLKdrivers. You have four other options included: XX-NL-48, ESTHER♥, 77-GR-DP, and 29-XPR-4. These files are defined as PlateXXXXXX.dds (XXXXXX being whatever the plate says). Just like with the paint job, the material to modify depends on what trim you're editing.

For the Sport trim (CLK_208), it would be CLK_208_Plate. For the Elegance trim (CLK_208_3), it would be CLK_208_Plate3. For the Kompressor Avantgarde trim (CLK_208_2, the one we're customizing right now as an example), it would be CLK_208_Plate2.

Choose a plate, any plate, but I'll put on a plate that says "77-GR-DP". So let's turn our eyes to the CLK_208_Plate2 managedmaterials line. Replace #CLKdrivers.dds with Plate77GRDP.dds. Simple as that.

PARTS SWAP

What's a custom car without some aftermarket parts? Fortunately, we have a sizable variety to choose from. We're not gonna turn our car into a CLK 55 AMG (though that is possible), but let's start by adding some AMG parts. We'd need to swap out the front bumper, for starters.

Now unfortunately, you can't swap out the front bumper of the Elegance trim. I probably should have mentioned that before we started. Moving on, the Sport trim would need CLK_208_FbumperAMG.mesh, while the Kompressor Avantgarde trim (remember, this is the car we're working with for this tutorial) would need CLK_208_FbumperAMG2.mesh.

Screenshot-232.png

So simply go to the flexbody line of CLK_208_FbumperFL2.mesh and replace "CLK_208_FbumperFL2.mesh" with "CLK_208_FbumperAMG2.mesh". There you go, new face.

This would be the same case for the side skirts and the rear bumper (except there's a side skirts option for the Elegance trim). It's really the same procedure as with the front bumper, but editing a different flexbody line, of course. You can look into the zip file's contents if you're not sure of the name of the mesh files you're gonna use.
1617465030808.png

We're not done yet, we've got a few more parts to swap out.

We are able to swap out the exhaust for an exhaust similar to that of the C36 AMG. Just move to the flexbody line of CLK_208_Exhaust_M111.mesh and replace "CLK_208_Exhaust_M111.mesh" with "CLK_208_Exhaust_M111_C36Style.mesh".

We're also able to swap out the stock headlights in favour of projector headlights. Just replace "CLK_208_Lheadlight.mesh" and "CLK_208_Rheadlight.mesh" with "CLK_208_LProjectorHeadlight.mesh" and "CLK_208_RProjectorHeadlight.mesh", of course respectively.

We can even do an engine swap in favour of the M112. Just replace "CLK_208_M111_Kompressor.mesh" or "CLK_208_M111_200.mesh" with "CLK_208_M112_320.mesh".

An added bonus, remove the semicolons in front of the flexbody entry for CLK_208_Spoilerlip.mesh to get a lip spoiler.

SHINY NEW MAGS

Now here comes the time to choose your rims. You have several options to choose from, seven to be exact. Your options are:
  • Standard black steelies - 15 inch
Screenshot-238.png

• The currently-applied OEM rims - 16 inch
Screenshot-239.png

• Rims from the CLK 55 AMG - 17 inch
Screenshot-240.png

• Rims from the CLK 63 AMG Black Series - 19 inch
Screenshot-241.png

• Rims from the C280 Sport - 16 inch
Screenshot-242.png

• BBS CH - 18 inch
Screenshot-243.png

• Vossen CV3's for the front and BBS CH's for the rear - 19 inch (note that you must remove the "_Front" part of this entry, or else the Vossens won't show up)
Screenshot-244.png

Okay, I've come to the conclusion that Mitchieboy was just trying to not leave any gaps in the rim size order, so he repeated the CLK 55 AMG and steelies entries. Anyways, I would like the BBS CH's on my car. So let's put semicolons in front of the one flexbodywheels entry without semicolons in front of its lines (16 inch, CLK_208_Avantgarde_Rim.mesh) and remove the semicolons in front of the meshwheels2 entry for the BBS CH's (do not remove the semicolons in front of the parameter indicator line (tire_radius, rim_radius...) or the rim size indicator (XX inch). Also, if you swapped the rims for one that's in the meshwheels2 section, make sure to put a semicolon in front of "flexbodywheels" and remove the semicolon in front of "meshwheels2". Otherwise, the car will die. Additionally, if you chose a rim from the meshwheels2 section, then make sure to scroll down to the flextires and remove the semicolons in front of "flextires", "flexbodies", and the front and rear lines (don't do this for "front" and "rear"). About what tire exactly to put on, it's a complicated situation. Mitchieboy put some non-existant mesh names for some of the flexbodywheels sections. If you need some help regarding that, please let me know. However, I do advise you to use the rims in the flexbodywheels section to save you the time of choosing your tires.

That should be basically all mods for now. I might have missed some optional sections but it would appear that I have outlined all the important ones.

Last edited:
Because my guide is too big for one post, I moved the minor section here. Also, I do recommend that you remove all lines from the torquecurve section and replace them with simply "gas". Then the car won't stall at idle.

STOP!

We have an option to double our braking power, and the process to do so is really easy. simply put a semicolon in front of "2000, 2000" and remove the semicolon in front of "4000, 4000".

GROUND CLEARANCE

Now comes time to choose your ride height. If you like the height as it is, don't change it. I won't for my car, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. Choose from a lowered, raised, or crappy settings. To change them, put semicolons in front of the lines for the stock shocks, and remove the semicolons in front of the lines for your desired shocks. Do the same for both sides, yeah, there are two sections, one for front and the other for rear shocks.

Last edited:
Its always nice to have a modding guide, Great job making this!
This will come in handy.

Help me please with the rims from the CLK 55 AMG and with the bumper from the CLK 55 AMG. Could you please send me the converted .truck file on discord? I don't understand it, and my English is at a very poor level.

Help me please with the rims from the CLK 55 AMG and with the bumper from the CLK 55 AMG. Could you please send me the converted .truck file on discord? I don't understand it, and my English is at a very poor level.
maybe dont be such a braindead and actually try focusing on it better

Agreed. You'll never learn if you'll always have people do it for you. Let me know exactly what you need help with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back