WIP - Beta Released my first car

Devel

im back after a year of gone
this is my first car (like the title says)
There's a whole lot of problems with it, such at the hydros breaking, the rear wheels stretching and exploding, the wheels locking up when the brakes aren't even being touched, the car not wanting to go over 2000 rpm while in gear, and it also being a terrible drift missile. I'd say it's still pretty good for not having any experience whatsoever in modding. also i just realized the images are larger than the mod itself XD

Attachments

• car.zip
    car.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 19
  • front.png
    front.png
    3 MB · Views: 27
  • side.png
    side.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
Update 1
Changed:
Rotated n/b 180 degrees which fixed almost every problem (Thanks Mark)

Current issues:
1. Car is 3.1 tons, which I've been trying to lower, but every time, the car either deforms horribly or simply explodes. I've followed the docs word-for-word, and yet, I still have not managed to get to 2.5 tons (the target)
2. It's still has very little grip, setting the reference arm node correctly helps a bit
3. The front wheels wobble

Other than these issues, the car is progressing along quite nicely. I just have to fix these, then add a submesh

Attachments

Update 1
Changed:
Rotated n/b 180 degrees which fixed almost every problem (Thanks Mark)

Current issues:
1. Car is 3.1 tons, which I've been trying to lower, but every time, the car either deforms horribly or simply explodes. I've followed the docs word-for-word, and yet, I still have not managed to get to 2.5 tons (the target)
2. It's still has very little grip, setting the reference arm node correctly helps a bit
3. The front wheels wobble

Other than these issues, the car is progressing along quite nicely. I just have to fix these, then add a submesh
make your car from aluminium not steel.
That's why your car is 3 tons.
If you can't reduce weight you can increase power of car parts(like wheels and brake)

though it does need suspension, stable wheels with grip and a less wobbly n/b. other than that, its good
I had a suspension setup in a pre-beta stage, but removed it to make tweaking the n/b easier. Wheels serve as suspension for now, and n/b will be stabilized in a future release. I just have to tackle the big problems (such as weight) before adding QoL features like a suspension

Back