RoR server app not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trucker Gigi

Just some guy
So I've been hosting a server for a few weeks on a Vserver and everything was working the way it should. But when I closed the application and tryed to launch the Batch file again I have recieved a error message. It told me that I cant run a 16 bit app on a my system. That's strange because I havent made any changes on the server or the harddrive after closing the rorserver app. I've tryed reinstalling vc redist. but that did not work. I also checked my servers fire wall.

Any chance you could show us a screenshot of the error message itself?
I get a feeling it's a Windows error message and not something the server would show or have in its log

Any chance you could show us a screenshot of the error message itself?
I get a feeling it's a Windows error message and not something the server would show or have in its log
Its a windows message, yeah. It only tells me that I cant run a 16 bit app on a 64 bit system. But thats what I have stated above ^

Its a windows message, yeah. It only tells me that I cant run a 16 bit app on a 64 bit system. But thats what I have stated above ^
What is the message referring to? rorserver.exe or cmd.exe or something else? does the black cmd window even show up?

I am pretty sure rorserver.exe is 32-bit and not 16-bit, so it shouldn't be complaining about that.

What is the message referring to? rorserver.exe or cmd.exe or something else? does the black cmd window even show up?

I am pretty sure rorserver.exe is 32-bit and not 16-bit, so it shouldn't be complaining about that.
yeah thats whats confusing me, too. The error message is refering to the rorserver.exe and I can see the cmd box behind the windows message. So cmd is working on my server. I could post a screenshot but you would have to translate it into english

yeah thats whats confusing me, too. The error message is refering to the rorserver.exe and I can see the cmd box behind the windows message. So cmd is working on my server. I could post a screenshot but you would have to translate it into english
That is so weird, yeah. Thanks for the additional info.

Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the server, and just copying your config over, and seeing if it runs? I know, stupid suggestion, but might be worth trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back