Shadows not working

thomz92

I thought I saw a post about this before, but I can't find it on the forums or on the github issues list.

I can't get shadows to work on my new computer. They we're working on my old computer and I thought I remember reading somewhere that having an AMD video card can cause this but now I can't seem to find anything on it at all anywhere.

See screenshots for my computer specs and game version, as well as what happens with shadows turned off/on.

Does anyone know if it's fixable and how?

Attachments

• computer_specs.png
    computer_specs.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 37
  • ror_version.png
    ror_version.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 37
  • shadows_off.png
    shadows_off.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 30
  • shadows_on.png
    shadows_on.png
    953 KB · Views: 31
This issue occurs under Linux (OpenGL) with an Intel or AMD graphics card, only NVIDIA cards aren't affected. Currently the only workaround is to run the Windows version via Wine.

This issue occurs under Linux (OpenGL) with an Intel or AMD graphics card, only NVIDIA cards aren't affected. Currently the only workaround is to run the Windows version via Wine.

Actually, there is a github issue for this bug: https://github.com/RigsOfRods/rigs-of-rods/issues/640. It is fixed in the Ogre 13 branch.

Ah, ok. I think that's what I saw originally. Is the Ogre 13 branch stable? And how do I get and install it?

Otherwise maybe I'll try wine, thanks CuriousMike.

Back