Some ideas to help with vehicle making. (Mainly aimed towards my more realistic monster truck mod)

Danny Werewolf

So, I've been working on this mod for about the last 7 months, tweaking it where I could, but ROR is a little limiting in some places that I'd imagine more normal vehicles wouldn't need to deal with. I just with there was a little bit more options.
While making this, I've been trying to get a good mix of ease-of-creation and a very realistic feel, so I'm trying to not add more nodes than have always been used in 90% of Sim-Monsters's mods. So here are a few ideas that I have had during development.

1. A way to activate a particle when a beam breaks, attaching such particle to a node for a short (or determinable) amount of time.
This could be use as a way to emulate the driveshaft sparking when it breaks off from the driveshaft rattling around inside of the driveshaft cage.

2. Allowing a single beam and set of beams to be activated by multiple detacher_groups.
For example:

set_beam_defaults -1, -1, 1000000, 10000000000000
detacher_group 6, 34
Beam 56, 45, i
detacher_group end

Because of the way I am emulating tierods on Monster Trucks, I am using hydros to limit how much the tires are able to move back and forth. Unfortunatley, if I want a tire to fall off completely, you'd have to break the steering hydros first, which are already on their own detacher_group since the steering on the left and right would break at the same time.

3. A way to designate a section in the .truck, that could be activated my a trigger of some sort, or a beam break. This would replace the original section used.
For example:

If Beam 119, 53, i breaks, use {Meshwheels 2} instead of {Meshwheels 1}.

4. (Correct me if I'm wrong) A way to lock up a tire on beam break, acting like a locked planetary. I've looked and I haven't seen anything in the meshwheels section about this.

Another idea I just had is a "Tally" detacher_group. For example, if Beam 1, 2 and 3 are all broken, it triggers the major detacher_group. This could work for something like fiberglass falling off of a truck.

Back