• Rigs of Rods 2022.12 has been released! Get it here.
  • Resources listed here are not covered by the GNU GPL, unless indicated otherwise. If you have any questions regarding a resource, please contact the resource author.
Generic Compact Dashboard

Generic Compact Dashboard 31/08/2024

Authors
Mark
Generic Compact Dashboard

About
A little dashboard, so little in fact, that it doesn't get in the way even if positioned in the middle of your screen. So generic, that it could be from any vehicle, be it an old car, or a semi-truck.

What is this?
- an alternative set of analog gauges for the game.

Aren't these ripped from another game?
- they look very similar, so I can see why you may think that, but these are not ripped. I spent many hours making these myself, they are my own work. See gcd_not_ripped.jpg

Install
- make a backup of \resources\dashboards.zip
- put all files from add_to_dashboards_zip folder into your dashboards.zip file.
- below is a video if you need a step-by-step:

About
- compact dashboard with analog tacho/speedo/turbo gauges
- mph and km/h versions (selectable in RoR's settings)
- 4k and 8k rpm tacho versions (selected by RoR, based on vehicle)
- ignition key that works, with a keychain that dangles from it
- indicators for user-controlled-flares (CTRL+1, etc) appear when they are enabled

Screenshots

8K RPM, KMH version. Fuel gauge shown on cars without turbo, fuel gauge not functional.
Burnside BadWagon, Morales County V8

4K RPM, KMH version. Turbo gauge in the middle.
Box5's Kenworth W900 Rollback, Morales County V8

Alternative version with the dash positioned in the corner of the screen instead of center.
If you don't like having the dash in the middle of the screen, this alternative version is included, just for you.

Has all the indicator/warning lights the original has, all functional (except cruise control)

Automatic transmission selected gear is also shown, only if the vehicle is set to use automatic transmission.

Ignition key is animated, but glitchy at times.

Known issues
- cruise control lamp is present but doesn't work, this functionality just hasn't been implemented yet
- ignition key is janky sometimes (e.g. you switch ignition off, but until RPM drops below 680, it'll appear on)

Credits
- created in Inkscape

Please do not use any part of this for anything outside of Rigs of Rods.

cr.png
Author
Mark
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More files from Mark

Latest reviews

i rlly like this but im so confused on how to install it can someone help?
Mark
Mark
There are instructions, there is a video tutorial too. Short of going to your house and doing it for you, there's not much else I can do.
Back