Made rigs of rods server but wont let me connect to it on host pc

Zack D.

Hello,
I just recently made a rigs of rods server and it lets others join but it wont let me join on the pc hosting the server it keeps telling me cannot establish connection can someone please help me???

could it be because I am trying to join on the same IP that it is being hosted on??
I don't think so

You should be able to run the server and join it on the same PC, at the same time

Maybe someone else can chime in and suggest something

I don't think so

You should be able to run the server and join it on the same PC, at the same time

Maybe someone else can chime in and suggest something
on top of that it wont actually show a friend of mine as an admin on the server when I did the proper steps to put them as admin

What did you do to fix these two things?

You know, so if someone googles the same problem and comes across this thread they'll find a solution..
For me I had to localhost but keep entering the different port that pops up when I start my server so to fix having to constantly change my port in game I leave the server running. Also to fix the Server admin issue I made sure I had the encoded token from the user as well as they have their token from the rigs of rods website in game so for example:
; EXAMPLE ADMIN
1 (Users encoded token from server log) (Users username)

For me I had to localhost but keep entering the different port that pops up when I start my server so to fix having to constantly change my port in game I leave the server running.
You should set a port in your server.cfg or use the command line option -port 12000 otherwise the server will instead choose a random port.

You should set a port in your server.cfg or use the command line option -port 12000 otherwise the server will instead choose a random port.
I tried to but for some reason my internet will not let me open port 12000. I mean it works fine now so im not worried about having to go back in and add the new port every time I join the server after I restart it. It works better for others in my ror roleplay community all they have to do is connect via server list

Back