Only wheels show up when spawning certain vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Stamos

Model: ASUS Desktop PC CM6330, CM6630, CM6730 Series
Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @3.00 GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

The drivable hotdog and the Routemaster double-decker bus are two vehicles that do this. My RoR.log from when I spawned the drivable hotdog is attached. Maybe this is part of the problem?:

23:08:01: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot find serializer implementation for current version [MeshSerializer_v1.100] in MeshSerializer::importMesh at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreMeshSerializer.cpp (line 118)
23:08:01: error loading mesh: HotDog.mesh: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot find serializer implementation for current version [MeshSerializer_v1.100] in MeshSerializer::importMesh at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreMeshSerializer.cpp (line 118)

I know I'm going to be told to download the newest version of RoR... I tried that, and unfortunately my computer can't handle it even on the lowest graphics settings, so I'm stuck with RoR 0.38.67 for now. Does anybody know of a workaround, or something I can change/add in the vehicle's files so it will show up correctly in the game?

Attachments

• RoR.log
    66.4 KB · Views: 223
I'm sorry to inform you that we do not offer support for outdated versions of Rigs of Rods, you will have to deal with incompatibilities, until you can get the latest version

I just want to add - it's not to be mean or spiteful - people that worked on RoR back then are no longer here, and the new people that develop RoR and mods are focused on, well, developing and supporting the new version.

Generally speaking, some mods/vehicles may use features that just weren't present in the old version of RoR.

It's probably possible to modify a vehicle to work in an older version of RoR, but I think it may be more work than it's worth, and the end result could potentially be janky. I'm really just assuming based on my limited knowledge. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find someone to help you with that.

Model: ASUS Desktop PC CM6330, CM6630, CM6730 Series
Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @3.00 GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

The drivable hotdog and the Routemaster double-decker bus are two vehicles that do this. My RoR.log from when I spawned the drivable hotdog is attached. Maybe this is part of the problem?:

23:08:01: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot find serializer implementation for current version [MeshSerializer_v1.100] in MeshSerializer::importMesh at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreMeshSerializer.cpp (line 118)
23:08:01: error loading mesh: HotDog.mesh: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot find serializer implementation for current version [MeshSerializer_v1.100] in MeshSerializer::importMesh at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreMeshSerializer.cpp (line 118)

I know I'm going to be told to download the newest version of RoR... I tried that, and unfortunately my computer can't handle it even on the lowest graphics settings, so I'm stuck with RoR 0.38.67 for now. Does anybody know of a workaround, or something I can change/add in the vehicle's files so it will show up correctly in the game?

2020.01 is still supported (as far as i know) and its a little easier on low specs. its also less prone to crashing for no reason then 2021.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back