Races, and headlights not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRigs

I have a couple small issues with rigs of rods: one, headlights don't seem to work; they light up certain objects, but not the ground and everything else. I've tried all manner of tweaking with the graphics settings to see if anything would make them work correctly, but nothing seems to work.
My second issue: races, or whatever those timed segments are called, don't seem to be working either. I remember there being timed segments in the auriga proving grounds back when I first tried rigs of rods on windows, at least a couple years ago/2020, but they're not here now that I'm playing again on linux.
Here are my pc specs, 4 gigabytes of ram, an intel core i5 with integrated intel hd graphics, and my operating system is manjaro linux, kde version, and the version of rigs of rods that I'm using is the snapcraft version, because the itch.io version just crashed on startup.
Pic related to the headlight issue; I have no visual capture of the races issue, they're just not there.
screenshot_2022-02-05_18-55-26_1.png

Attachments

• RoR.log
    51.2 KB · Views: 153
  • MyGUI.log
    8.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Angelscript.log
    130 bytes · Views: 133
Solution
So, is this issue I'm having with the races not working also a known issue waiting for a fix?
Judging from your RoR.log, you are still using version 2021.04. The races were fixed with version 2021.10, so I would highly suggest upgrading to 2021.10 or later.
With headlights, this is normal.
With races, do you have enabled races in Settings?
Yes, I have races enabled in the settings, and they still don't show up.

EDIT: Glad to know there's nothing wrong with the headlights other than they were awful to begin with; I was going insane trying to figure out how to "fix" them.

Last edited:
Judging from your RoR.log, you are still using version 2021.04. The races were fixed with version 2021.10, so I would highly suggest upgrading to 2021.10 or later.
Ah, thanks for pointing out that my version was outdated, I didn't even notice the snapcraft version was out of date. I tried the itch.io version again, but this time through the itch client, and everything is working smoothly now, at least with the races that is. Thanks a million! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back