Suggestions for improvement?

thomz92

Hi All, I don't see a suggestion area so I'll post here: What do you think would would be the most significant improvements to the game?

I think these are reasonably achievable (based on the progress I'm seeing; I'm not a programmer OR modder):
1. AI improvements that would allow for
- Races with computer opponents that avoid objects, slow down for curves, etc
- Coordination with the mission system in development. For example you could have police missions to stop criminals from reaching a certain point (either by level of damage or keep them from moving for 5 seconds)
- Traffic! Perhaps somebody could strip mods and create "traffic" versions that require less processor power? i don't know, but RoR needs immersive-ness that empty worlds don't give
2. Bugs and details fixed with night mode and weather - maintains interest in existing maps rather than new content
- Headlights that illuminate the terrain! Night mode is unusable the way it is, IMHO
- Options for selecting weather. Bonus if it affects friction of surfaces.
3. Immersive stuff like
- more dirt, dust, mud, water splatters
- tire tracks
- nature sounds or city sounds
- maybe smaller maps but with more detail and interactive content (piles of crates to crash through, barrels to knock over, barn doors to crash through, etc)

some of the things listed have been there for a long time, there have been no improvements in this regard

some of the things listed have been there for a long time, there have been no improvements in this regard

Is there an official place to post, advocate for, or vote for desired features? I didn't see it, so I thought I'd see if I could get the community talking by posting this.

I don't think there is, but I think that the administrators could do it, but the quibble of the correctness of the people remains, they will make a good use of an opportunity to be participants in a development without abusing the ability of those who up to now have contributed to do something for this game? many Italians have abandoned, since I've been here many have abandoned, I wonder if they will participate, it would be nice to eliminate many bugs and redo all the mods with the current times

It seems from the microblogs that @only_a_ptr is focusing on the core stuff rather than usability/content/features. He also wants to make it easier for others to contribute (as I understanding from his talking about scripting). Makes sense.

However, wonder if we as the community were clear on our desires whether we'd attract some developers who are able and willing. For example, if everyone were to post their idea of "the biggest improvement", we take the top 3 from those and create a poll, then declare a winner - it might at least tell the developers what the community wants most. Maybe an outside developer will read it and step up to the plate.

possibly some cars that you don't have to download (something like the cars from beam ng)
The content pack exists for that exact reason, which can be added as an option from the installer when you download the game in the first place, or later installed from the in-game repo or forums.

A way to spawn in random AI cars. For example, I would pick "Street Cars" and it would spawn in multiple vehicles from that category.

Last edited:
A way to spawn in random AI cars. For example, I would pick "Street Cars" and it would spawn in multiple vehicles from that category.
And if we had multiple vehicles in 'chase' mode then there would be multiple cars to choose from
also the ai should be smarter imho

I think what @CrystalHammer is doing is going to be an ENORMOUS leap in content creation (at least tracks and environments) and should be checked out by everyone. See this post:

@only_a_ptr would be pleased, I know at one point he was dissappointed that modders werent using the full potential of the engine. Maybe this will motivate further developments... :)

Back