- OGRE Contributors, CuriousMike
- MIT License
- License URL
Packages are available for both Windows and Linux.
- OgreXMLConverter: Converts meshes and skeleton files into .mesh.xml / .skeleton.xml. and vice-versa. Required for interacting with meshes, including importing into Blender.
- OgreMeshUpgrader: Upgrades older meshes and skeleton files to the current Ogre version file format. Not required but recommended to avoid the "mesh is an older format" warning. Can also be used to downgrade meshes to an earlier Ogre version with the -V option.
- OgreMeshMagick: Mesh (and skeleton) manipulation tool for Ogre meshes (and skeletons). It allows to query interesting information and to transform binary meshes (and skeletons) in many ways.
- OgreXMLConverter / OgreMeshUpgrader:
Just drag and drop a mesh/mesh.xml or a skeleton/skeleton.xml file into the executable. XMLConverter will output an XML or mesh file, and MeshUpgrader will simply overwrite the mesh file.
Place the file you want to convert into the same directory as the executable, then open a terminal in that directory and type:
chmod +x ./OgreXMLConverter ./OgreXMLConverter example.mesh
Replace OgreXMLConverter with OgreMeshUpgrader if you want to use the upgrader instead.
./OgreMeshMagick -help shows all available commands. For specific tool help, type ./OgreMeshMagick -help=transform instead. (Transform will be the most common feature you'll be using)
Scales a mesh by 2x and rotates it 90 degrees on the Z axis, saves the transformed mesh as a new file.
./OgreMeshMagick transform -scale=2/2/2 -rotate=90/0/0/1 example.mesh -- example_edited.mesh
./OgreMeshMagick transform -xalign=center -yalign=center -zalign=center example.mesh
Note: The Linux version was built under Ubuntu 22.04, compatibility with older versions is not guaranteed.