Resource icon

Blender RoR Truck Exporter 0.21

hagdervriese submitted a new resource:

blender ror truck exporter - blender ror Rigs of Rods truck file exporter surface-export

I reworked my blender2ror truck exporter. I tested it the past days with Blender 2.91. I had found a bug in the previous version, which, in some cases, messed up the node-ids, so sometimes the node-beam structure was not exported correct. I think i solved this problem.

My exporter generates a new truckfile, without the need of using a blank one. It exports nodes beams and faces. It can mark faces as byoancy, and/or contactable faces .

Because I do not have a Windows-based-PC, i tested it...

Read more about this resource...

I cant Enable Import-Export .truck file format, theres something i forgot to do?

1609704558142.png

1609704585132.png

I cant Enable Import-Export .truck file format, theres something i forgot to do?

View attachment 10416
View attachment 10417
sry for my late reply, you are using blender version 2.79, i think that is the problem. I work on my exporter on blender version 2.91 . Maybe they are not compatible. when i got the exporter done, as far as i want, i will try to make it also compatible with the older Blender Version, but for now, that was to time-consuming, develop it for different blender versions

I tried adding the addon in 2.91 but nothing happens.
I do get that on the console :

Code:
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: 'C:\\Users\\super\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.91\\scripts\\addons\\mesh2truck.py'
Modules Installed () from 'C:\\Users\\super\\Documents\\My Games\\io_mesh_truck.zip' into 'C:\\Users\\super\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.91\\scripts\\addons'

No issues on 2.81.10.

I tried adding the addon in 2.91 but nothing happens.
I do get that on the console :

Code:
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: 'C:\\Users\\super\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.91\\scripts\\addons\\mesh2truck.py'
Modules Installed () from 'C:\\Users\\super\\Documents\\My Games\\io_mesh_truck.zip' into 'C:\\Users\\super\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.91\\scripts\\addons'

No issues on 2.81.10.
As i said, i work with Blender 2.91 on a linux machine, maybe that could be the problem. Maybe you are interrested in doing a beta test for the newest Version. There are many little bugs correctet and some cool features added. Try this one, hopefully your problem is solved with it. Its no release version yet, so it is not perfect at the moment. let me know if your problem has gone. :-D

Attachments

• io_mesh_truck.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 308
hagdervriese updated blender ror truck exporter with a new update entry:

added features and solved bugs

this is a "big" Update. I solved many problems and added some nice features. Even though it is not a bug-free release Version yet, you should give it a try.

I reworked the formatting of the generated truck-file, so it looks much cleaner.

You can, but you also have to, specify which scene object you want to be exported as truck-file simply by renaming that mesh in "truck" So you can have all models (the probs and the N/B-structure) in one .blend file. That way you can develop the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It works!!
screenshot_2021-08-22_08-17-09_1.png

but theres this image plastered on it.
im gonna try to remove the guid to see if it dissappears

@ Hyuichi:

I am Sorry, the uv-map data is not exportet corect, these function is only usable for unvisible submeshes. Therefore it works good. i.e. for byoancy- or contactfaces. I tryed hard to get it working right, but in most cases, these face are invisible, because we use to use meshes for visible Parts, so it was kind of wasting my time, trying it further to get the uv-mapping working properly.

Last edited:
Can I add wheels to the car in this? Is there a menu?
No i didn´t implement a function for that. I made the exporter just for the need of having one, but i am not a programmer. To get tyres involved in my plugin, i do not have enough skills for.
Maybe our admins consider taking my plugin-code as official part of the game, distribute it as free & open-Source, so any skilled developer could take these, add new or more functions, optimise it etc...

Its nice to have such an exporter, when i startet building vehicles for rigs-of-rods there where just the editorizer on one side and your blender built meshes on the other side, and to get those together, the truckfile and the meshes, was lots of handwork...

hag

This plugin works great, only there's no .truck Import option. Any chance you could add that to the plugin?

Back