TankurfaceJr

Redneck Gearhead, PH.D
HEADLINES (from MotorTrend)

1. I'm sure y'all have heard this already, but Dodge is rumored to remove the Charger and Challenger from their lineup by 2024. F's in the chat, boys. Read more here.
2. Ford's Bronco Raptor will NOT have a V8, rather the twin-turbo EcoBoost, because of "weight reduction." (The two engines actually weigh in about the same, because turbos weigh more than pistons.) Read more here.
3. $2.3 MILLION in stolen autos was found at a weed farm. Read more here.
4. Ford is making a 2023 F-150 "Rattler," which is an entry-level truck with all kinds of off-road goodies for 4x4-lovers like me. Read more here.
5. @Mopar should be excited about this one: RAM is confirmed to be making a midsize EV truck for 2024. Read more here.

This is it for today, but I will try my best to keep up on the news around the car world for my fellow gearheads. I will leave you with a car quote:

"As I lay rubber
On down the street
I pray for traction I can keep.
If my car goes sideways and starts to slide,
Please, dear God, protect my ride."

Have a good week everybody!

Im not the biggest fan of EVs, more of a gas guzzler/coal roller guy myself.
But dodge making midsize trucks again? Sounds like they might bring back the dakota
That's what I'm thinking too. I feel like they should tap into the market of the Ranger, Colorado and Maverick. They haven't played that game in a long time.

Theres been rumors since 2020 about them bringing back the dakota or at least making a new midsize, and it looks like its true now

Car News! (Once again from MotorTrend)

1. Maserati Grecale! A new SUV in the midsize-luxury class! Read more here.
2. Jeep has been experiencing lacking sales, as well as layoffs. Here is one of MotorTrend's writers' opinion on what could be next for the company.
3. Car rental company Hertz has ordered 65,000 Polestar 2s. Read more about it here.

Car Quote:
"Life is too short to drive boring cars."

Car News! (As always, all news is found off MotorTrend.)

1. As the world turns to electricity to power cars, many car lovers (such as myself) have been wondering what will happen to our beloved gassers.
Well, as it turns out, Stellantis (the Chrysler-GroupePSA merger) has a plan for now! They have confirmed a inline-six engine that comes in SO (standard output) or HO (high output). Both put up some stunning figures, and you can read all about it here.
1649261260669.png

2. Porsche has sponsored a major "Future Fuel" startup. Reports state that the fuel is directly from carbon in the air, and that the fuel could be up to US$45/gallon. Porsche intends to use said fuel for motorsports. My opinion is thus: If this could become a replacement for current fuel, but keep our internal combustion motors, then I'm all for it.
1649261497258.png

3. All you Back to the Future fans out there, listen up! There is talk about the car world of an EV DELOREAN!
The car was teased on Twitter, with a unveiling date set for 18 August, 2022.
1649261653848.png

That's all I have for you fine folks today! Today I will leave you with a car meme for a change:
1649261845361.png

CAR 👏 NEWS 👏 REVIEW! 👏

In this morning's headlines, from MotorTrend:

1. Lincoln will be debuting their new EV SUV on 20 April. Read more here.
1649763510970.png

2. Honda is supposedly preparing two EV sports cars. Here's what we know.
1649763670190.png

3. Finally, in some humorous news, a self driving car was pulled over by San Francisco PD, and the car did the unthinkable.
1649764082163.png

Sorry for the gap between posts, y'all! At any rate, have a good week everyone!

Reactions: KGM
Hooooly cow, it's been a minute! Anyway:

👏 CAR 👏 NEWS 👏 REVIEW 👏

As always, sourced from Motortrend, as of 7:45AM EDT.

1. First, we have a MAJOR headline! Chevy has released video teasing an AWD hybrid Corvette! Big moves for a mid-engine sports car! Read more here.
1651059881727.png

2. GM's Electric delivery van has grabbed a record for longest distance on a single charge (by a EV delivery van). Read more here.
1651060243928.png

3. I don't know about you all, but I grew up riding on Power Wheels. Like, those 12v powered little ride on toys. There's a new F-150 version, check it out here.
1651060432626.png

Thus concludes my news review. Remember to stay chill, stay safe, and I'll catch y'all later. ✌️

👏 CAR 👏 NEWS 👏 REVIEW 👏

Goooooooood morning Vietnam! Hello, campers! Remember, Monday is news day! Time to read up on the latest from around the wheeled world and get ready for the Tuning Tuesday! (Coming soon...) At any rate, we have some MAJOR news coming out of Tesla, Dodge and more, so let's get into it!

First up on the list we have the silent elephant in the room, Tesla. As many of us know, Tesla CEO and world's richest man Elon Musk has purchased Twitter for $44 billion USD. The EV maker's shares have TANKED due to this development, and many analysts are claiming the company has lost billions in value already.
1651491899473.png

Next, I'd like to mention that it seems that we will possibly see a flying car in our lifetime. The AeroMobil AM 4.0 is coming, and reports say it's gonna be sweet. Reports say that it will be able to hit just shy of 100mph on the road and 160 in the air.
1651492780078.png

@Mopar This one's for you, buddy! Dodge has confirmed the new Plugin Hybrid, the Hornet. Reports state that it appears to be a rebadged Alfa Romeo Tonale.
The engine is supposed to put out up to 256 hp. Dodge has also confirmed that more details about the electric muscle car will be coming soon, most assume the news will break during Speed Week.
1651493054340.png

Well, it's been a great day for car news, so stay up to date, stay safe, stay chill and I'll catch you later.

Tesla: Tesla Tanks on Twitter Jitters, Losing Billions in Value (motortrend.com)
Car Plane: The AeroMobil AM 4.0 Flying Car Might Actually Happen (motortrend.com)
Dodge: Dodge Confirms Hornet Plug-In Hybrid SUV, Promises Electric Muscle Car Soon (motortrend.com)

Last edited:
Get a load of this!

February 27th 2023

• So-called "Kia Boys challenge" on TikTok instructed thieves on how to steal Hyundai and Kia vehicles that use a physical key.
  • Hyundai and Kia started rolling out software updates to prevent theft.
  • The update requires a trip to the dealership and will take less than an hour to complete.
Scores of thieves responded to the “Kia Boys challenge” on TikTok, which demonstrated how to hot-wire Hyundai and Kia vehicles with a screwdriver and USB cable.

These thieves-in-training (apparently fancying themselves an updated Memphis Raines from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds) discovered it worked, and car theft rates increased dramatically.

Specifically, 2010-2021 models from the South Korean manufacturers were targeted because they didn’t include an engine immobilizer system, which is an electronic anti-theft security device. As of mid-February, the automakers announced they would be rolling out software to fix that problem over the next several months and owners are finally getting a little peace of mind. The fix replicated a kill switch via software and won't allow the engine to start unless the car has been unlocked with the key fob.

The update is now available for 2017-2020 Elantra models, 2015-2019 Sonatas and 2020-2021 Venues. Affected Accent, Tucson, Veloster, Kona, Palisade and Santa Fe vehicles will be serviced starting in June. Even the 2011-2014 Genesis Coupe wasn't spared from this breach and will be included in the later rollout. Hyundai said "the upgrade can be performed at any Hyundai dealership and takes less than one hour for installation" on a site it set up specifically for this issue.

Read the rest of the article at Edmunds!

Get a load of this!

February 27th 2023

• So-called "Kia Boys challenge" on TikTok instructed thieves on how to steal Hyundai and Kia vehicles that use a physical key.
  • Hyundai and Kia started rolling out software updates to prevent theft.
  • The update requires a trip to the dealership and will take less than an hour to complete.
Scores of thieves responded to the “Kia Boys challenge” on TikTok, which demonstrated how to hot-wire Hyundai and Kia vehicles with a screwdriver and USB cable.

These thieves-in-training (apparently fancying themselves an updated Memphis Raines from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds) discovered it worked, and car theft rates increased dramatically.

Specifically, 2010-2021 models from the South Korean manufacturers were targeted because they didn’t include an engine immobilizer system, which is an electronic anti-theft security device. As of mid-February, the automakers announced they would be rolling out software to fix that problem over the next several months and owners are finally getting a little peace of mind. The fix replicated a kill switch via software and won't allow the engine to start unless the car has been unlocked with the key fob.

The update is now available for 2017-2020 Elantra models, 2015-2019 Sonatas and 2020-2021 Venues. Affected Accent, Tucson, Veloster, Kona, Palisade and Santa Fe vehicles will be serviced starting in June. Even the 2011-2014 Genesis Coupe wasn't spared from this breach and will be included in the later rollout. Hyundai said "the upgrade can be performed at any Hyundai dealership and takes less than one hour for installation" on a site it set up specifically for this issue.

Read the rest of the article at Edmunds!
Chad Me Driving a 2009 Optima that cant be stolen with a USB drive (also there is a class action lawsuit against KIA/HYUNDAI (same company) because they failed to add the manual key encoding) (free money)

• Wow
Reactions: KGM
Back