Using the EXPL tag for joystick buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

https://docs.rigsofrods.org/gameplay/controls-config/#the-expl-tag

I'm using the same two buttons for TRUCK_AUTOSHIFT_UP, TRUCK_AUTOSHIFT_DOWN, TRUCK_SHIFT_UP and TRUCK_SHIFT_DOWN

This works, for both transmission types (automatic and manual) but when shifting from Reverse to Drive, it puts the Drive in 2nd gear because of the buttons conflicting. Sometimes even, the Drive gear becomes stuck in Neutral.

Is it possible to use the EXPL tag to make it so it only autoshifts when no clutch is pressed, and only manually shifts when the clutch is pressed?

This is what I originally had:

Code:
TRUCK_AUTOSHIFT_UP             JoystickButton       0 6
TRUCK_AUTOSHIFT_DOWN           JoystickButton       0 4
TRUCK_SHIFT_DOWN               JoystickButton       0 6
TRUCK_SHIFT_UP                 JoystickButton       0 4
TRUCK_MANUAL_CLUTCH            JoystickButton       0 7

This is what I tried:
Code:
TRUCK_AUTOSHIFT_UP             JoystickButton       0 EXPL+6
TRUCK_AUTOSHIFT_DOWN           JoystickButton       0 EXPL+4
TRUCK_SHIFT_DOWN               JoystickButton       0 EXPL+7+6
TRUCK_SHIFT_UP                 JoystickButton       0 EXPL+7+4
TRUCK_MANUAL_CLUTCH            JoystickButton       0 7

But.. that just made it so nothing but the clutch worked. This isn't a feature, is it? haha

It would be awesome if it was. We could then use a button as a "modifier" button, which when held down, could change the function of other buttons, giving us.. essentialy twice the amount of buttons we can assign actions to. You can never have enough buttons lol.

Is there any other way of using the same two buttons for shifting, without the automatic transmission getting the manual transmission input? (manual works fine and just ignores autoshift events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back