How did you discover Rigs of Rods?

Title says it. You can share your story of how you discovered/found out about Rigs of Rods.
Therefore I'll share mine.
In around 2010 or maybe early in 2011 when I was in 3rd grade, I found this video in YouTube: Rigs of Rods Burnside Crash test - YouTube
After that, I searched more Rigs of Rods videos in Youtube and loved watching the other videos. During the summer before 4th grade, I finally downloaded Rigs of Rods even if my computer back then isn't good and will lag so much when playing video games.

Ho boy... Well, ya see... a long, long time ago... I found this in 2006.

I was a kid looking for real physics based driving games because everything else at the time... just didn't really cut the mustard for me... but then I found this. The bar had been set and I was doomed to spend the rest of my life here :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm a little newer to the game, I found it close to a year ago. I think I was watching some Beam ng drive videos and then I saw a video for this game, I forget what the video was called though. I figured it wouldn't run at all because of my crappy PC but I tried it anyway and to my surprise, it ran really well I also really enjoyed it. That just goes to show, never judge a book by its cover. Good game guys.

I?ve known about RoR for quite a while now, almost as long as I?ve known about BeamNG which I discovered years ago on YouTube. I?d never really looked in to RoR until a little over 6 months ago though, I always figured my potato crate of a computer couldn?t run it, seeing as it could hardly run BeamNG?s techdemo.

[video=youtube;QVRjeQQm5gE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVRjeQQm5gE[/video]
This sometime in 2011.

I first discovered ROR back in 2008 from a video on youtube. I cant remember what the video was about aside from it being captured from the game. and I was only 10 at the time and didn't take much note of the game. that was until 2013 when I watched another video and decided to try the game for myself. And i have enjoyed playing the game since then.

Few RoR Crash Videos in 2010. That's when i started playing this in 1st grade. (I know kinda ironic) And now i'm back to playing this in the 8th grade.

[video=youtube;Cl7SlYXd9Zg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7SlYXd9Zg[/video]

Gotta give that honor to Box5 and his Samurai crawler videos. Somehow appeared on my recommended a couple of years ago and I loved how the suspension behaved, how the car looked and how freely he was able to go through the map with no course to follow or limitations. First time I've seen something like it. EDIT: Might as well post the video

Hi all,i discover RoR in 2007 from youtube video with tatra813,when searching for 1nsane similar games (i cannot find video,but the video not exist),and i slowly transform my preferences from racing games to transporting games :)

Last edited:
Title says it. You can share your story of how you discovered/found out about Rigs of Rods.
Therefore I'll share mine.
In around 2010 or maybe early in 2011 when I was in 3rd grade, I found this video in YouTube: Rigs of Rods Burnside Crash test - YouTube
After that, I searched more Rigs of Rods videos in Youtube and loved watching the other videos. During the summer before 4th grade, I finally downloaded Rigs of Rods even if my computer back then isn't good and will lag so much when playing video games.

Same here.It was that exact videoformetoo.Now I'm 13 but I still like this game.:)

It all started when I was bored in 7th grade, and being obsessed with mobile car simulators, I began searching for an online one. That's when I found the original BeamNG.drive dev video. At once I started searching for it, and came across more videos, this time by YBR and Crash Hard, and that was simultaneously the discovery of YouTube and BeamNG. Two years later, after easily clocking 2,000 Beam videos, I came across an old CarTrend article on the best free car simulators. (this was the same one I saw two years ago, but I never thought much of it.) I decided to download it and (after 5 hours of trying to understand the controls and finally reading the docs) absolutely loved it. I spent two months simply playing with the 0.4 content pack, and then decided to download everything in sight, and corrupted the files in the process.

Well I was looking for a soft body physics game and I found BeamNG.Drive but you have to pay for it, and I restarted to search for another game and I found RoR. I was impressed of the damages and realism of this game. Then when I launched the game, crashed some cars and planes, I saw that there is a multiplayer mod, here was my first love of this game. Now I check repository everyday to see if there is some new mods or vehicles out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i found out about RoR when i watched a video of paid vs free games and when i saw it i was impressed even when the one he showed was an older version

Back