• Rigs of Rods 2022.04 has been released! Get it here.
  • Due to extremely high demand we are unable to handle new or existing requests to the races API. We will try to fix this as soon as possible.

How did you discover Rigs of Rods?

joshtheking93

last year saw the was watching beamng vids then low and be hold saw the off road s-10. considering i owned one in about the same paint scheme. then what did it for me was the websites vid at the time with the same s-10 landind a jump.... my pc at the time wouldnt play it. but made a account lol. upgraded to a new pc and now im addicted to this game (no desire to make a bus video) but was amazed at all the vehicles the repositories had to offer. as a mechanic and a car enthusiast i was in love with the community and the support. thank all for this collaboration of a way better game. my xbox hates my pc now and the misses asked if ill ever play forza horizon 2 again but truth is i love the physics here! what an amazing job everybody

ce6256

Mr Engineer
I bought BeamNG.drive and then remembered by laptop was crappy, so I got RoR which was amazing. Then i forgot about it. And then remembered and now i have 10GB of mods and it is epic.

Finnish_RoR_Fan

Truckspotter and a carguy
I discovered when I wanted BeamNG.Drive, but then I found RoR when searching Beamng on youtube. The video was RoR vs Beamng.

Pixel

Road Course Ringer
I found this game 9 years ago when my brother showed me it, I'm not quite sure how he found it though, but it certainly didn't take me long to get addicted to it. I made an account after that which I did lose when the website had be modernized but I made another account and I'm not really bothered because I love this game

Tahaksaw

I played when I was younger, pulled the DAF around, then I started playing in 2013, decided to make a truck, which was actually my only creation.

spierno259

WOW to be honest, i do not really recall how i found rigs of rods, If memory serves i was playing farming simulator 2009, searching for mods. when i stumbled apon the website, and was drawn in immediately, that was in 2010-2012

failureis

Literally back in 2012, I saw videos of Rigs of Rods and I was like, hey I want that game. I forgot about ROR for a few years until 2018 when I found out about ROR but it was revamped and so, I started playing ROR.

ziomeq

i saw rigs of rods on channel luksor (polish channel) i thought it was pay to play but i checked it out it wasnt i didnt know how much space it will take but i risked it and then i fell in love with rigs of rods its my fav game now

Peterbilt359

I saw this video () and downloaded this game when I found out it was free. That was around 2006 or 2007.
I played it for some years, even began modding some basic N/B trucks (Trevor's Peterbilt 359 for example).
Took a pause and came back to it 2 years ago.
Love this game.

Weluagi

oOF
like most people on the thread, i got this game mainly because BeamNG is too expensive, and besides beamNG doesnt have a Boeing 777 as good as what RoR has! (to my knowledge ;D)

ExaSm0

Pretty much Gabester made me download rigs of rods because of this video

i saw it in i think 2014 since i watched MANY beamng vids back in that year.

F-22 Raptor

I discovered Rigs of Rods from a friend in Discord playing it, looking for some free sims and trying to find something like BeamNG but free.

ItzJdm

Well, I was just sniffing around YouTube and came across bus video, I search RigsOfRods.Org and i'm still downloading it.

Xploder98

Well-Wisher
I found Rigs of Rods while looking for some free, open-source games to play and mess around with, and what a goldmine I've found here! It was the sole vehicle sim on Wikipedia's list of open-source video games, so I tried it out and here I am. (The community still being active was a major factor as well.)

PresidentStan2005

GameingYoutuber Becoming A Developer mods and game
My story is kind of weird. I was watching one of my videos, and scrolled down to find that the game wasn't listed, but was listed as Rigs of Rods. So after I seen this, I searched it up, seen it was free, and got it. Ever since I did get it, I've been hooked. And all this happened just last week (lol).